• 2 meter all mode   15 years 33 weeks ago

Really, you dont need an all mode. I have hit satellites w/5 watts on my Alinco DJ-180
    using a 5/8w ducky. So, hitting the ISS shouldnt be a problem. I havent tried it yet, been out of the 2 mtr loop for a couple years (6 meter bug you know). So, save some cash and get a nice used fm rig. Just remember to have fun! 73´s! Dave kb9mnm= kb9mnm2@netzero.com

• Tracking Program   15 years 33 weeks ago

I have used TRAKSAT(DOS) and WinOrb 3.6. The updating of Keps is alot easier on TRAKSAT, and the graphics are fairly decent. But, if you want more options, WinOrb is pretty good. Both are free and if you cant find them let me know and Ill set ya up. Dave=kb9mnm email-kb9mnm2@netzero.com

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 34 weeks ago

Yes I did it, is more shine than MIR.
    Use visible pass prediction very usefull.

• Chat room   15 years 34 weeks ago

unfortunately there is not yet enough traffic to always have someone on the chatroom.
    The chatroom is anyway always oper for skeds or events ppl will want to organize.

Regards
    Alain iz6byy

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 34 weeks ago

Yes, Just the other night, video taped it too as I held my HT and listened to the packets come down,hihi. Finally made that voice contact I´ve wanted from the shack today with RS0ISS! Back a few months ago, I had the pleasure of making voice contact with NA1SS while mobile east of Austin, Minn. So cool....

73 de N0VJN

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 34 weeks ago

73 ! to all..this is 9-wt984 sstv/Hf radio base station from Magog-quebec canada.

if you look good!..you see a brite light in the sky ,passing about aprox,2 to 3 min .passing over you,it´s far but if the sky is clear.my see it to at your location area .see the tracking program before ,and if the ISS pass over your area,you can see it to!,,at my station command.every day a look my setup and tell to my freinds ween it´s to pass.and a register the time and day of iss pass over..before a was tracking MIR ,and now it´s ISS.. ...good hunting 73! 51!..to all fans!..and all amateur radio operator ...

• MY WEB SITE   15 years 34 weeks ago

Julian,

Thanks for visiting my web page.
    Please sign the guestbook.

Thanks Again
    Doug

• MY WEB SITE   15 years 34 weeks ago

nice site...love the antenna background!!!

73´ssssssssssssssss
    julian/ke4jno

• Chat room   15 years 34 weeks ago

guess no one goes to the chat room anymore.
    cant ever find anyone there to talk to. [ This message was edited by: kc8fks on 22-10-2002 23:12 ]

• How would you call RS0ISS packet radio system performance?   15 years 34 weeks ago

What gives with ISS packet?? I have been trying all week after setting up the packet system. I have a couple of replies last week when I was testing the system, but nothing now. I look at the web site for reporting ISS packet and I see the last contact was 6 days ago. Someone must of bumped a wire, or forgot to turn it back on.

Terry

• How would you call RS0ISS packet radio system performance?   15 years 35 weeks ago

I agree with Mario(va2va) if more people would try qrp maybe us little guys limited to 5 watts could make it through instead of haveing to take a back seat in the pile ups.

Just my thoughts.

73 Doug

• Tracking Program   15 years 35 weeks ago

I also have used stsplus.
    It is a very good program.
    I still use it some times.
    73 Doug(kc8fks)

• Yes many times   15 years 35 weeks ago

Iv´e seen both the ISS and the shuttles several times. I have been checking out the heavens-above.com website. On this site you can set up your location and find out when several sattilites are traveling overhead. It´s fun to see the shuttle chasing the ISS through the sky.

• Tracking Program   15 years 35 weeks ago

there are 2, NOVA www.nlsa.com and the oldest bestest... STSplus....

• Tracking Program   15 years 35 weeks ago

I´m using SatScape.
    It´s free, too, is very colourful, sometimes a bit slow and is eating resources.

Keps update by pressing a button, frequencies and other informations about the selected sat, 2D, 3D and horizone view, ...

I like it, because it shows a lot.

Completly different to Alain´s program.
    Steffen

• HELP!! Need help on old MIR contact   15 years 35 weeks ago

..No problem Claudio. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I enjoy the site very much. Unfortunately my old laptop died (bad CMOS battery...and unfortunately..it is an ICCHIP battery..not a button cell type so I am having problems finding the IC chip to replace it or get a schedmatic of it to run an exterior 5Vs to the power pins and make it think it has power. Till then I am dead in the water.

Love working ISS... have 8x11 QSL I send people... N6CO and WH6IO were two whom received them.

Again take care and thanks for your help.

Mark
    WL7LZ

• Tracking Program   15 years 35 weeks ago

I use winorb36.
    It is a good program to use with windows.
    Works real well and it to is free.
    73 kc8fks.

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 35 weeks ago

That would have benn something great to see.
    Wish I could have seen it too.

• Tracking Program   15 years 35 weeks ago

If you want a free, fast, accurate and multi-plaform tracker I would suggest the well known "predict" by KB2BD.
    Dont explect too many colors or pictures. Its a text only program. I love it.
    If you need more complicated fancy stuff I am sure someone else will tell you the right choice.
    Regards.

Alain iz6byy

• HELP!! Need help on old MIR contact   15 years 35 weeks ago

Ops Mark,

Now I undestand but I don´t know about a NASA QSL

I have only the normal MIR Qsl.

73 Claudio IK1SLD

• HELP!! Need help on old MIR contact   15 years 35 weeks ago

CLAUDIO,
    No this was a PERSONAL QSL for Norman THagard he gave ARRL and also me when I spoke to him.

THis was a NASA QSL not a MIR. I have the MIR ones. I also send another Thagard QSL to Dave Larsen as well. He helped me in getting my old MIR contacts (U5MIR) but I never received the Thagard one from JSC he had made.

He had his own NASA QSL for his mission seperate from the MIR ones. and gave the MAILCODE CB at JSC to get one.

Thanks though for your help.
    Mark

• HELP!! Need help on old MIR contact   15 years 35 weeks ago

Hi Mark,

to request MIR Qsl card was necessary to ask for a Manager and not personal Astronaut address.

Manager for MIR in the USA was N6CO Dave Larsen. I have again on my page the old address where send your request but I don´t know if it is valid again.

You can ask to Dave if he has again a Qsl... this is the link to my page

73 de IK1SLD Claudio

Thank you to all. Last weekend, on Canadian Thanksgiving, I went to my hometown in Eastern Québec, near Trois-Pistoles. Quite unexpectedly, I succeeded in contacting ISS!! Was it due to a better UNP, or because I was using the same frequency for RX and TX (145.825), or because of that new RS0ISS-1 address?

The experience was again very exciting. I was having dinner with our family and friends. We all went outside to admire the view of ISS passing in the night sky just above our heads. At that same moment, I succeeded many times in receiving and sending data. I just could not believe it! :o)

Greetings from Mario

VA2VA

Make certain your settings are correct. ISS should hear you easily on 5 watts. .. make certain your UNP is set correctly.

Mark

WL7LZ

Mario - try using a Cush Craft Dual Beam 5 Elements each band. Much more gain. I use the HT and the beam for connecting to UO-14 & AO-27. Arthur N1ORC