• QSO with Valery!   15 years 16 weeks ago

As far as equipment goes, you have a couple options. You can use an HT along with a gain antenna such as an Arrow antenna. What I use is my Icom 2100H with a 5ele yagi, however at 55W a 5/8wave mobile would more than likely do the trick. I´ve gotten into several LEOs that way as well.

If you use a mobile (or even some HTs) like the 2100H it is a good idea to use the non-standard offset setting for your ISS memory channel. You would effectively be working the ISS as if it was a repeater with a 1.31mhz(-) offset! Just remember to reset the offset feature back to 600khz when you´re done so you don´t accidentally store a normal repeater with that huge, and incorrect, offset!

Adam, KCØKVU [ This message was edited by: kc0kvu on 29-09-2002 13:54 ]

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 16 weeks ago

I would like to see HF so that more people

can get in on the action, I say that because

I run an AMSAT Net and would like to feed the audio out on the 2m Repeater that I use for the net. Right now it only includes

the Amateur Satellite UO-14.

• QSO with Valery!   15 years 16 weeks ago

I was just wondering what kind of equipment you all are using?

I am interested in talking to the ISS.
    Thanks
    Doug

• QSO with Valery!   15 years 16 weeks ago

Hello all,
    I contacted Valery a few days ago and had a short chat with him. I tried to look for his personal call info on internet, so I could send him a postcard, but I couldn´t find anywhere... any ideas?
    should I send with the QSL to the info for RS0ISS?
    tnx for the help...
    73, Noel - PT2ND

• From Member of Mir Fan Club 222....xe2arf...   15 years 16 weeks ago

Hello Fernando, it´s Daniel from Metz
    Best 73 to you, friendship

• uncomplete qso´s   15 years 16 weeks ago

I think that the shortness of qso´s is imposed by the system used.
    Ariss guys probably wanted to follow mir philosophy of a very simple system wich allows a very large number of users to be part of the game.
    Unfortunately there is no way to make normal qso´s on a fm pile up (unless you are the guy who voted for more than 1 KW in the uplink power poll hihi).
    There is also no way to prevent a good 80% of data loss during ax25 pass. (DM flags, packet collisions...)
    Comminicating with the ISS is "easy" and "for all", but is also very tricky in well populated areas like europe or usa.

• QSO with Valery!   15 years 16 weeks ago

Hello Piero,

I heard Valery replying you this evening.
    I have a recording of your QSO with RS0ISS, and if you want I can send you this file as mp3 or realaudio.

Ciao a risentirci 73 de Claudio ik1sld

• Very compliments   15 years 16 weeks ago

Ciao Francesco,

we are happy to see so more people following The Space Station.
    Ok for MIR Fan Club... we want do more to give all you an interesting internet tool.

Thanks for your compliments

73 the ISS FanClub Staff

• iss pass 24-09-2002 list 21:36 utc   15 years 16 weeks ago

Hi Jan,

thanks for the posting.
    If you want to mantain the formatted text as seen on ISS PMS, it is necessary to put a tag HTML.

PRE and H5 at the start of the formatted text and /H5 and /PRE at the end. All these tags as always between <>

Example of post with these tags:

*** CONNECTED to RS0ISS [24-Sep-02 00:38:39]

*** DISCONNECTED [24-Sep-02 00:39:47]

PRE is for mantain format and H5 to have a more readable character

Ciao from Italy ik1sld Claudio
    [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 27-09-2002 00:31 ]

• Hello From Florida   15 years 16 weeks ago

Hi KD4NSJ,
    happy to see so more people interested about ISS

I was been in Kissimmee in 1998, when with IK3ZAW Veronica and IK3RIY Martino, I have seen the Endeavour STS-88 launch on December.
    We were invited by Sergei Krikalev U5MIR, a flight engineer on Endeavour.

See you soon and thanks for your posting on the forum.

73 de IK1SLD Claudio

ISS FanClub Staff
    SpaceOnLine Satellite News

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 16 weeks ago

They once did it on MIR.

9600 db / UHF. Unfortunately doppler was a problem for most operators (I remember night passes with only myself working the station..) so they came back to 1200.

What they really need is something different from AX25 wich avoids packet data collision between "far" groundstations.

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 17 weeks ago

Agreed that 9600 would be better as long as it is not at the expense of 1200.

Many, many people have 1200 baud tnc's and they can hook up to virtually any radio/ht. 9600 requires a newer radio or modification to an older radio (if possible) to get on the air, not to mention a 9600 baud tnc.

As long as they support 1200 backwards I'm all for 9600!

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 17 weeks ago

Hello 4S7AVR,

ok we have received your suggestion about Crew activity on Region 3.

We will send this to the Crew.

73 de ISS FanClub Staff

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 17 weeks ago

I would like to see more voice contacts in Region 3

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 22 weeks ago

I wish they will switch to 9600bd.

1200 takes ages to do anything useful.