• HELP!! Need help on old MIR contact   15 years 22 weeks ago

Mark,

What is the Brand, Model, and Type of your laptop. I can´t promise anything but I am into laptops pretty heavy (11 online at this time). I will try to help if I can.

73´s de N9OEW

• How would you rate Valeri's ham radio performance onboard ISS?   15 years 22 weeks ago

Before Valery arrived, the packet station seemed to be operational 50% of the time. Since Valery's arrival, the digi has been working 90%+ of the time and he has made a lot of hams happy with voice contacts. I personally talked with him 3 times. I also have 47 of the 60 contacts I need for my next AMSAT award.

Thanks Valery! See you at Ellington.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• List RS0ISS-1 Nov. 19, 2002 - 22:10 UTC   15 years 22 weeks ago

out RX LOG 19/20-11-2002 73 de jan pe2jmr

Msg # Stat Date Time To From @ BBS Subject
    644 P 02/11/20 02:42 RS0ISS WF1F Glad to help
    643 B 02/11/20 01:23 RS0ISS DL2BFN TO ALL
    642 P 02/11/20 01:21 PY4KS ON1BHL hello
    641 P 02/11/20 01:12 RS0ISS VO1CAT RE: LEONIDS
    640 PR 02/11/20 00:24 RS0ISS VK3TI Farewell
    639 BR 02/11/19 23:41 RS0ISS EA5SS HOLA A TODOS
    638 P 02/11/19 23:22 UA6UES LU4HE QSL
    637 P 02/11/19 22:48 RS0ISS VK4AKM Save Trip Back
    636 BR 02/11/19 22:16 RS0ISS DL2BFN ISS
    635 P 02/11/19 18:56 RS0ISS IT9TWC saluti from sicily[ This message was edited by: pe2jmr on 20-11-2002 21:11 ]

• Connect whit rs0iss-1   15 years 24 weeks ago

Hi Mark,

on the site there is the ISS Packet Manual by Miles Mann with all info about packet system connection, commands list and much more.

I have translated these manuals in italian and spanish (my wife) version and in PDF format too.

You can find it on the INFO POINT section.

Ciao 73 de IK1SLD Claudio [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 07-11-2002 07:35 ]

• Connect whit rs0iss-1   15 years 24 weeks ago

Hello everyone...
    Yes I agree wholeheartedly. If you need commands list...possibly they could post them in a permanent message here.

Also... some amatuers are still doing a LB on the PMS... and it locks up the PMS system ... I only use the system to SP and RM then ALWAYS DELETE ALL YOUR READ MESSAGES...or when you connect on the next pass...ISS listes unread and read message... PLS remember to delete your read messages.

I try to keep my connection time under 60 seconds....

Mark WL7LZ
    I also have a 8x11 certificate to all who connect QSO with me via ISS. WH6I) and N6CO have received a couple. Hope to see you all ISS. Remeber to have fun.

• 2 meter all mode   15 years 24 weeks ago

Never mind guys just bought a 2 month old yaesu ft-1500 for $120.

Not a bad deal!

• Tracking Program   15 years 24 weeks ago

Hello. This is David EB4DEH from Madrid.

I use SatScape Version 1.86 for ISS predictions and for all others sats.

Very good graphics, very good prediction lists and very useful "skyline views".

Test it and you will see.

73 via Sat de David EB4DEH

ATV

in this moment onboard ISS there is only a transceiver using 2mt frequencies.
    Packet and voice operations are normally used.
    SSTV is a future project and in this moment is waiting for NASA flight certification.
    I think SSTV will fly on ISS next year (latest news saying end 2003).

73 Claudio IK1SLD

• user list command: U ?   15 years 24 weeks ago

Hi Jan,

yes you are right... every connection to the PMS must be 1 min max +-.
    During a 1 minute connect, it is possible to read mail waiting and disconnect.
    Many times I see messages on PMS only reading the log after a pass over Europe and during a connection of PMS I can disconnect immediately if I haven´t mail waiting... connection is only 45-60 seconds.
    Using U command or Help etc etc waste a lot of time.
    Connections of 5-6 minutes limit PMS use to 1 or 2 users for pass. Normally it is possible 5-6 connection for pass.

Ciao Claudio IK1SLD

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 25 weeks ago

Yes, I have seen the ISS many times here
    in CT. It is very bright..much brighter than MIR was.

73 Bill, K1WY

• Tracking Program   15 years 25 weeks ago

I am trying STSorbit right now. I like it so far.

• Tracking Program   15 years 25 weeks ago

Quote:
    On 2002-10-18 00:55, kc8bew wrote:
    I am looking for a tracking program to track the ISS and other sat´s. What do you all recommend?

On a Win PC I´ve been using STSOrbit Plus for YEARS. For Mac users I´ll recommend MacDoppler pro. I just started using Linux 5 months ago and I´m not sure what is the best for that OS yet.

• What would you like to see next on ISS?   15 years 25 weeks ago

Had to vote for SSTV on board ISS.

We had so much fun with MIR and generated so much interest in the demonstrations I gave that it would be sad if this mode of operation wasn't given at least a few months trial period.

Robot36 sstv repeater??

Keep it simple and accessible to all new starters...pictures from space...now that's cool as my daughters inform me.

Look forward to "seeing" you all in the future via ISS?

Great site, keep up the good work.

73 to all

Eddie.

• ISS QSL   15 years 25 weeks ago

It took 12 days to get my ISS QSL card back.
    Terry W6WTG

• ISS QSL   15 years 25 weeks ago

Hi Piero, very happy to hear that.
    It is a nice QSL.

My best compliments to have contacted ISS Space Station.

Ciao 73 IK1SLD Claudio

• ISS QSL   15 years 25 weeks ago

Hi all!

I have received yesterday the nice QSL card from AMSAT-FR.
    Tnx to all @ AMSAT-FR.

´73 de Piero IZ1ERR

• 2 meter all mode   15 years 25 weeks ago

Really, you dont need an all mode. I have hit satellites w/5 watts on my Alinco DJ-180
    using a 5/8w ducky. So, hitting the ISS shouldnt be a problem. I havent tried it yet, been out of the 2 mtr loop for a couple years (6 meter bug you know). So, save some cash and get a nice used fm rig. Just remember to have fun! 73´s! Dave kb9mnm= kb9mnm2@netzero.com

• Tracking Program   15 years 25 weeks ago

I have used TRAKSAT(DOS) and WinOrb 3.6. The updating of Keps is alot easier on TRAKSAT, and the graphics are fairly decent. But, if you want more options, WinOrb is pretty good. Both are free and if you cant find them let me know and Ill set ya up. Dave=kb9mnm email-kb9mnm2@netzero.com

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 25 weeks ago

Yes I did it, is more shine than MIR.
    Use visible pass prediction very usefull.

• Chat room   15 years 26 weeks ago

unfortunately there is not yet enough traffic to always have someone on the chatroom.
    The chatroom is anyway always oper for skeds or events ppl will want to organize.

Regards
    Alain iz6byy

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 26 weeks ago

Yes, Just the other night, video taped it too as I held my HT and listened to the packets come down,hihi. Finally made that voice contact I´ve wanted from the shack today with RS0ISS! Back a few months ago, I had the pleasure of making voice contact with NA1SS while mobile east of Austin, Minn. So cool....

73 de N0VJN

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   15 years 26 weeks ago

73 ! to all..this is 9-wt984 sstv/Hf radio base station from Magog-quebec canada.

if you look good!..you see a brite light in the sky ,passing about aprox,2 to 3 min .passing over you,it´s far but if the sky is clear.my see it to at your location area .see the tracking program before ,and if the ISS pass over your area,you can see it to!,,at my station command.every day a look my setup and tell to my freinds ween it´s to pass.and a register the time and day of iss pass over..before a was tracking MIR ,and now it´s ISS.. ...good hunting 73! 51!..to all fans!..and all amateur radio operator ...

• MY WEB SITE   15 years 26 weeks ago

Julian,

Thanks for visiting my web page.
    Please sign the guestbook.

Thanks Again
    Doug

• MY WEB SITE   15 years 26 weeks ago

nice site...love the antenna background!!!

73´ssssssssssssssss
    julian/ke4jno

• Chat room   15 years 26 weeks ago

guess no one goes to the chat room anymore.
    cant ever find anyone there to talk to. [ This message was edited by: kc8fks on 22-10-2002 23:12 ]