• THANKS IFC!!!!!!!   15 years 11 weeks ago

Thank YOU !!!!

We are very happy to receive this compliments. Now we are sure our work is good

A day we will publish all the comments coming from the Fans about the IAA.

"Thank you IFC, This award will be center of all the others"

73 de IK1SLD Claudio
    ISS FanClub Staff [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 04-02-2003 07:14 ]

• ISS Achievement Award   15 years 11 weeks ago

Ciao John,

thank you, and at ISS FanClub we are very happy to hear that from the Fans

We had a delay to send the first awards in January but now we can delivery the IAA in a few days after the reception of the request.

Good luck with the Voice contact when the Crew will be active.

73 de IK1SLD Claudio
    ISS FanClub Staff

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 11 weeks ago

Three days ago, the ISS packet station has been turned ON for about 5 minutes during a pass over the west coast of USA and Canada. When ISS approached the east coast, the packet station was OFF again. I am really not impressed by Crew 6! [ This message was edited by: VA2VA on 04-02-2003 01:01 ]

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 11 weeks ago

Greetings from South Africa,

Now I know why there has been no response from the BBS on board the ISS. Hopefully they´ll put it back on soon. It´s frustrating to know that there is a pass taking place and then not being able to get a packet connection. In fact I haven´t heard any voice communications from ISS over our part of the world for quite some time either.

Best 73´s
    Steve
    ZS6STE

[ This message was edited by: ZS6STE on 03-02-2003 20:19 ] [ This message was edited by: ZS6STE on 03-02-2003 20:21 ]

• AN ODE TO STS-107   15 years 11 weeks ago

Gerry, What you have written, I´m sure, is in the hearts of many as in mine. good bye Columbia & crew. You will never be forgotten!
    I have posted a small memorial on my web page: www.qsl.net/kb9ups

• AN ODE TO STS-107   15 years 11 weeks ago

That was beautiful N9OEW!!!
    I couldnt have said it better myself.
    May God be with the friends and family of STS-107.

• Amazing!!!   15 years 12 weeks ago

My most memorable viewing of the ISS was a few hours after the shuttle had un docked from ISS there were two bright objects one chasing the other , It was spectacular.
    Good luck to all who take the time to go outside during ISS passes. Dave KB9FDE

• Amazing!!!   15 years 12 weeks ago

Tonight, under freezing temperatures of minus 20 C, -30 with the wind factor, I have seen ISS passing south of Quebec City with an elevation of 41.2. This ISS pass was not as bright as those I have seen last summer, but still, it is always amazing to think there are astronauts and cosmonauts aboard. Wish I could have told them to turn the packet station ON

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 13 weeks ago

Hi All!
    Its not the first time with no activity at all.
    Things will be fixed sooner or later...
    73´s Alain
    iz6byy ww3ww

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 13 weeks ago

Greetings, I have contacted a relative who works at JSC who is going to try to get massage thru to turn packet back on.
    Lets wait and see what happens.I had been working on setting up to work the ISS for months then when I was ready to go it went dead. 73.
    Dave KB9FDE
    KB9FDE@AOL.COM

• Tracking Program   15 years 13 weeks ago

Hello
    I`m using WXTRACK which can be found from here:http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/wxtrack.htm
    73 and have a nice day.
    Ismo,OH1NHW

• AMSAT award   15 years 13 weeks ago

The AMSAT site has a good list of satellites. Many are SSB but a few are FM voice and a couple are FM packet. ISS is one and I believe PCsat (NO44) is the other. The FM voice birds usually run a 2m/440 split.
    Hope this helps,
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• AMSAT award   15 years 13 weeks ago

Ken: What procedure does one use to be able to communicate thru other satellites? I know of Packet for the ISS, what about others? Is it Packet also and at what frequencies?

Thanks,
    Tim, KC8TDS

• Uplink and Downlink Fall on the same band   15 years 13 weeks ago

This appears because the shift (for example +190 for packet) isn´t standard and you cannot set it with the repeater function.

I have the same problem with the Kenwood TS-2000. I don´t know the 847 but I solved the problem using the two VFO in split mode.

I memorized in VFO A the downlink frequency and in VFO B the uplink frequency. Then using the SPLIT function all is OK.

I hope this will help you.

Ciao 73 de IK1SLD Claudio ISS FanClub Staff
    [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 19-01-2003 12:23 ]

• EM PORTUGUÊS   15 years 13 weeks ago

Translated text in English by software

To The BRAZILIAN FRIENDS And OF PORTUGUESE LINGUA. ENCONTRA-SE IN THIS
    SITE A MANUAL FOR VC TO KEEP CONTACTS BY PACKE EATS INTERNATIONAL
    STATION, VERY ELABORATED WELL. The INTERNATIONAL STATION THIS WITH The
    OFF PACKET BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING In the CONSTRUCTION OF OTHER
    MODULOS. I BELIEVE THAT IN FEBRUARY The CONTACTS HAD RETURNED BECAUSE
    IN MARCH The ASTRONAUTS Of EXPEDITION 6 WILL RETURN the LAND.

MAURICIO BERALDO PU4MAB WELLS OF CALDAS MG

pe2jmr [ This message was edited by: pe2jmr on 18-01-2003 21:52 ]

• Tracking Program   15 years 13 weeks ago

Well here goes,

I have used more sat tracking programs than nasa I think. I never seem to be satisfied. All the programs mentioned here in the forum are EXCELLENT programs. Right now I am using:

WXTRACK V3.3.2.611
    It is basically a weather satellite tracker, but it will track anything.

If you are into live downlinks from the weather birds check this program out.

You can design your own overlays, map, sat groups, it also has most freqs used and displays this with the sat info. It also is compatible with all the popular rotor control software.

Also I would like to thank all of the members who responded to this question. That´s what ´Ham´ radio is all about.

Good Luck
    See u on the iss (soon I hope)
    73´s de N9OEW

[ This message was edited by: N9OEW on 18-01-2003 15:46 ][ This message was edited by: N9OEW on 18-01-2003 15:52 ]

• Tracking Program   15 years 14 weeks ago

I have been giving WxTrack by David Taylor a whirl recently, and I quite like it. It has a 3d component that is loaded seperately, and requires several extra bits that maybe already loaded if you run David´s SatSignal WX APT program.
    It did not upset my satellite image reception while running concurrently with incoming telemetry. I have just got two monitors working on my computer, I have my incoming telemetry or packet window on one monitor and the satellite tracking on the other, I´ll see how that affects my resources too.
    Kevin. VK3UKF[ This message was edited by: VK3UKF on 18-01-2003 03:49 ]

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 14 weeks ago

The reason that the ISS packet station is silent is because they turned it off to make a school contact and forgot to turn it back on.

Since Amateur Radio has a low priority, it may be a while before the message to turn it back on is acted upon.

Guess we really got spoiled having a Class A-1 operator like Valery on board. He kept things running very smooth for the Amateur Radio experiment.

Hope they turn it back on soon. It will soon have been OFF more than ON since the EXP 6 crew came on board.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• Another cool web site   15 years 14 weeks ago

WOW!!
    You have got alot of cool stuff.
    All I have is the ISS.

• No Packet since Jan 01   15 years 14 weeks ago

*****UPDATE*****
    According to reliable sources, the TNC on board the ISS was turned off prior to making a scheduled school contact and the crew forgot to turn it back on.

A request to have the TNC powered back ON has been made but since the crew has been very busy preparing for the spacewalk this week, it may be a while before the request will be completed.

The sooner the better.
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 14 weeks ago

Was so glad to hear that I was not they only one hearing nothing from ISS. Was beginning to think something here at the station was faulty....lets cross our fingers and hope we hear them again soon. Peace and 73!

• Orbit No. Suggestion   15 years 15 weeks ago

Hi Kevin,

of course is possible. We have a big idea in mind for the tracking / mapping facilities of the IFC website.
    We are currently looking for some LINUX machine to run a low priority process wich listens on a TCP port.

Alain iz6byy

• Orbit No. Suggestion   15 years 15 weeks ago

Sounds like a good idea to me if it is possable to do.

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 15 weeks ago

No signal this day ,from the space ,
    How can whe request the crew to switss it on..
    a idee ???

04-01-2003 pe2jmr [ This message was edited by: pe2jmr on 04-01-2003 15:41 ]

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 15 weeks ago

Other day !!!! Not signals from RS0ISS !
    Donald Pettit !! Pse. on the system !!!
    Otro dia Mas... No hay se#ales de la
    RS0ISS.. Parece que Donald Pettit no conecto´ el PBBS desde que salio´ en voz...
    Greetings de xe2arf Fernando IFC # 175
    Saludos de xe2arf... Aguascalientes Mex.
    undefined