• Tracking Program   15 years 2 days ago

Hello
    I`m using WXTRACK which can be found from here:http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/wxtrack.htm
    73 and have a nice day.
    Ismo,OH1NHW

• AMSAT award   15 years 3 days ago

The AMSAT site has a good list of satellites. Many are SSB but a few are FM voice and a couple are FM packet. ISS is one and I believe PCsat (NO44) is the other. The FM voice birds usually run a 2m/440 split.
    Hope this helps,
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• AMSAT award   15 years 3 days ago

Ken: What procedure does one use to be able to communicate thru other satellites? I know of Packet for the ISS, what about others? Is it Packet also and at what frequencies?

Thanks,
    Tim, KC8TDS

• Uplink and Downlink Fall on the same band   15 years 4 days ago

This appears because the shift (for example +190 for packet) isn´t standard and you cannot set it with the repeater function.

I have the same problem with the Kenwood TS-2000. I don´t know the 847 but I solved the problem using the two VFO in split mode.

I memorized in VFO A the downlink frequency and in VFO B the uplink frequency. Then using the SPLIT function all is OK.

I hope this will help you.

Ciao 73 de IK1SLD Claudio ISS FanClub Staff
    [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 19-01-2003 12:23 ]

• EM PORTUGUÊS   15 years 4 days ago

Translated text in English by software

To The BRAZILIAN FRIENDS And OF PORTUGUESE LINGUA. ENCONTRA-SE IN THIS
    SITE A MANUAL FOR VC TO KEEP CONTACTS BY PACKE EATS INTERNATIONAL
    STATION, VERY ELABORATED WELL. The INTERNATIONAL STATION THIS WITH The
    OFF PACKET BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING In the CONSTRUCTION OF OTHER
    MODULOS. I BELIEVE THAT IN FEBRUARY The CONTACTS HAD RETURNED BECAUSE
    IN MARCH The ASTRONAUTS Of EXPEDITION 6 WILL RETURN the LAND.

MAURICIO BERALDO PU4MAB WELLS OF CALDAS MG

pe2jmr [ This message was edited by: pe2jmr on 18-01-2003 21:52 ]

• Tracking Program   15 years 5 days ago

Well here goes,

I have used more sat tracking programs than nasa I think. I never seem to be satisfied. All the programs mentioned here in the forum are EXCELLENT programs. Right now I am using:

WXTRACK V3.3.2.611
    It is basically a weather satellite tracker, but it will track anything.

If you are into live downlinks from the weather birds check this program out.

You can design your own overlays, map, sat groups, it also has most freqs used and displays this with the sat info. It also is compatible with all the popular rotor control software.

Also I would like to thank all of the members who responded to this question. That´s what ´Ham´ radio is all about.

Good Luck
    See u on the iss (soon I hope)
    73´s de N9OEW

[ This message was edited by: N9OEW on 18-01-2003 15:46 ][ This message was edited by: N9OEW on 18-01-2003 15:52 ]

• Tracking Program   15 years 5 days ago

I have been giving WxTrack by David Taylor a whirl recently, and I quite like it. It has a 3d component that is loaded seperately, and requires several extra bits that maybe already loaded if you run David´s SatSignal WX APT program.
    It did not upset my satellite image reception while running concurrently with incoming telemetry. I have just got two monitors working on my computer, I have my incoming telemetry or packet window on one monitor and the satellite tracking on the other, I´ll see how that affects my resources too.
    Kevin. VK3UKF[ This message was edited by: VK3UKF on 18-01-2003 03:49 ]

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 5 days ago

The reason that the ISS packet station is silent is because they turned it off to make a school contact and forgot to turn it back on.

Since Amateur Radio has a low priority, it may be a while before the message to turn it back on is acted upon.

Guess we really got spoiled having a Class A-1 operator like Valery on board. He kept things running very smooth for the Amateur Radio experiment.

Hope they turn it back on soon. It will soon have been OFF more than ON since the EXP 6 crew came on board.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• Another cool web site   15 years 1 week ago

WOW!!
    You have got alot of cool stuff.
    All I have is the ISS.

• No Packet since Jan 01   15 years 1 week ago

*****UPDATE*****
    According to reliable sources, the TNC on board the ISS was turned off prior to making a scheduled school contact and the crew forgot to turn it back on.

A request to have the TNC powered back ON has been made but since the crew has been very busy preparing for the spacewalk this week, it may be a while before the request will be completed.

The sooner the better.
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 1 week ago

Was so glad to hear that I was not they only one hearing nothing from ISS. Was beginning to think something here at the station was faulty....lets cross our fingers and hope we hear them again soon. Peace and 73!

• Orbit No. Suggestion   15 years 2 weeks ago

Hi Kevin,

of course is possible. We have a big idea in mind for the tracking / mapping facilities of the IFC website.
    We are currently looking for some LINUX machine to run a low priority process wich listens on a TCP port.

Alain iz6byy

• Orbit No. Suggestion   15 years 2 weeks ago

Sounds like a good idea to me if it is possable to do.

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 2 weeks ago

No signal this day ,from the space ,
    How can whe request the crew to switss it on..
    a idee ???

04-01-2003 pe2jmr [ This message was edited by: pe2jmr on 04-01-2003 15:41 ]

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 2 weeks ago

Other day !!!! Not signals from RS0ISS !
    Donald Pettit !! Pse. on the system !!!
    Otro dia Mas... No hay se#ales de la
    RS0ISS.. Parece que Donald Pettit no conecto´ el PBBS desde que salio´ en voz...
    Greetings de xe2arf Fernando IFC # 175
    Saludos de xe2arf... Aguascalientes Mex.
    undefined

• Hello from Argentina!!!   15 years 2 weeks ago

G´day folks, I reckon you fire up your favourite orbital tracking program, print out or take note of your ISS pass times and be ready for anything. I was set up for packet the other day and ended up with a voice QSO just because they had the day off and felt like it. I didn´t have my tape recorder handy, no blank tapes for cooee and to top it off, I forgot to ask the NA1SS op his name. Don´t do a Kevin. Be prepared for anything at anytime.
    My excuse, I was awfully excited.
    Good luck with your endeavours folks.
    Kevin Forbes VK3UKF

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 2 weeks ago

A couple of beaut passes of ISS here this afternoon, Melbourne Australia 03-01-03, but heard not a sausage on 145.800.

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 2 weeks ago

In the orbits for Mexico not signals !
    in http://www.ariss.net at this time
    report 1 day and 14 hours out ...
    xe2arf Fernando in Aguascalientes Mexico
    (3-Jan-2003 at 0750 utc)
    undefined

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 2 weeks ago

Yep... 14:30 UTC pass here by Seattle had nothing today.

• RS0ISS No Signal to dai 02-Jan-2003   15 years 3 weeks ago

hello Jan, you have news for standby from ISS Ham System?
    73´s de Tony IW0UEI

• Hello from Argentina!!!   15 years 3 weeks ago

Try checking NASA at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/
    You can get a visual view there of the next three passes. From the links on that page you can also run predictions for your exact location

73 - Tim

• New Years Trivia   15 years 3 weeks ago

Interesting, but I wanted to know how many timess the crew could celebrate New Years!

At aprox 90 minutes per orbit, going against the rotation of the earth, is that 36 times that they pass into the new year?

• New Years Trivia   15 years 3 weeks ago

The ISS wil pass ca 6 times on a day of a qrh..
    6 * 365 Are ca. 2190 times wil it passing of
    a normay qth,, i thank.

When 3 radiohams connect in one passing
    the PMS ,en send one en read one ,3 * 2190 are it 6570 mails to sent i a year..
    in one mond /12 are it ca 547 mails ...i a mond.

73 de jan pe2jmr Happy New Year

• Hello from Argentina!!!   15 years 3 weeks ago

Hi Leo and Marcelo,

I want to know also any sched for ARISS to
    South America. PSE for any info my e-mail
    is: py2zx@50mhz.com

Happy New Year and congratulations for this
    great site and Fan Club !

Ark, PY2ZX