• ISS PR QRV ??   15 years 5 weeks ago

Hi Steve,

You´re very fortunate to have seen the PMS on the ISS active. I haven´t seen it active in our part of the world since the expedition 6 crew have been on board. It makes me wonder if we´ll ever see it active again.

Steve.
    ZS6STE

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 5 weeks ago

Just a small correction. It is a message sent from ON5KM.

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 5 weeks ago

Hello Tim, you will find a possible answer to your question in a recent article sent by 0N1DWN.

Greetings,
    Mario, VA2VA

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 5 weeks ago

Would it be so terribly difficult to turn the radio & TNC on??? It just "sits" there after that...no intervention! I don´t see the big deal?? At least a technical reason why the equipment is off would be nice perhaps? It seems like a waste of a great Amateur Radio tool! Just my opinion....Tim WY1U

• Thanks for Sexagesimal   15 years 6 weeks ago

Hey Gert,
    I hope to get VUCC satellite from ARRL next. I have the 100+ cards, just need to file.
    I also plan to try for eWAS on the eQSL sight (you´re way ahead of me on that) and possibly ARRL´s WAS satellite (I only need Hawaii and Alaska).
    Longer range goals are to get the AMSAT OSCAR Century award but that may require going to a whole different mode unless we can arrange for a BUNCH of DX visits to carribean countries. It might be possible to work enough of them via ISS from Texas to finish out 100.
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• Thanks for Sexagesimal   15 years 6 weeks ago

Good job, Kenneth!

What´s the next award you´re going to chase?

Gert - K5WW

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 6 weeks ago

Very Well stated.

Clayton WB5TOI

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 7 weeks ago

Thanks Guys....

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 7 weeks ago

Well said,i agree with you 100%
    I am thankfull that they are even up there.
    on January 5,2003 @ 8;30 am est I got the chance to hear Don talking While coming over the States. It was a wonderfull wake up. The random chance makes it all that much better.
    Thomas D Antil
    N1XWA
    Fitchburg,MA U.S.A
    n1xwa@arrl.net[ This message was edited by: n1xwa on 01-03-2003 18:17 ]

• Amateur Radio And the ISS   15 years 7 weeks ago

Well said my friend.

• How will the Columbia accident affect ISS development?   15 years 8 weeks ago

Agree with that.

This situation will make the financial problems even worst.

• How will the Columbia accident affect ISS development?   15 years 8 weeks ago

I think it will slow it down,while NASA rethinks a few things for future safety,and precautions they might not have looked at.WA1RKS.

• ISS QRV on 145.800!!!!!!!   15 years 9 weeks ago

Hello everybody
    I am new here, so congrats to the nice and informativ page abt the iss.
    I wonder if anybody knows, when we will be able to contact the iss agn via packet?
    Have good time

73 René HB9DGZ

• ISS QRV on 145.800!!!!!!!   15 years 9 weeks ago

Thanks for the news. I have hope of actually seeing/hearing something out of the ISS yet.
    If you hear a loud "clunk", that was me falling out of my chair, and it means I saw something out of the bird. *g*

Steve

• ISS QRV on 145.800!!!!!!!   15 years 9 weeks ago

Your message makes me wonder if packet station is really having a problem, as we were told, or if it has only been turned OFF.

• THANKS IFC!!!!!!!   15 years 9 weeks ago

WOW! What an impressive award. I will need to go out and get a custom frame for this one. Not just any old frame would do this award justice.

Thanks ISS Fanclub Staff!
    You folks did real good.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• CQ ISS CQ ISS...   15 years 10 weeks ago

Thank you for the information.

LU6FPJ

• How would you rate Valeri's ham radio performance onboard ISS?   15 years 10 weeks ago

It would be a pleasure to have a qso with Yalery now, back on earth, and to say thanks again for his excellent amateur activities during his stay on ISS! Tnx + 73, Valery de Wolf, DL6SDA.

• CQ ISS CQ ISS...   15 years 10 weeks ago

At this point there has been no communication with the ISS for quite some time. When it is up and running it is usually on packet, not voice. However my contact (voice) with Don Pettit was a rare fluke so just keep listening. The laptop computer icon on the right side of the IFC homepage tells the status of the ISS packet.

73´s de N9OEW

• AN ODE TO STS-107   15 years 10 weeks ago

Thank you for the beautiful words. I wish I could have expressed it as well.
    Steve

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 10 weeks ago

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. I just found out about the ARISS project being active after the Columbia tragedy and decided to put my packet gear back in operation.
    It´s been a few years, but I used to love trying to work MIR, and just watching the other traffic during a pass.
    I wondered why I hadn´t heard anything from the ISS. I read something about a regulation stating that they have to shut down the ham gear during a docking, so the supply ship may also have something to do with the silence.
    Glad I found your site!

Steve

• KRQE-TV, WTSP-TV, Interview with ISS   15 years 10 weeks ago

Sorry folks, the interview I was refering to will not be posted here or on my site.

MY DOG ATE THE TAPE!!!!!!

REALLY, I have a 109 pound Giant Schnauzer that will eat anything that touches the floor.

I came home, put the tape on the end table, got a cup of coffee, heard a crunch, and realized the cat had knocked the tape on the floor and Boo (my dog) decided it was a toy.

Sorry,
    N9OEW [ This message was edited by: N9OEW on 07-02-2003 04:46 ]

• THANKS IFC!!!!!!!   15 years 11 weeks ago

Thank YOU !!!!

We are very happy to receive this compliments. Now we are sure our work is good

A day we will publish all the comments coming from the Fans about the IAA.

"Thank you IFC, This award will be center of all the others"

73 de IK1SLD Claudio
    ISS FanClub Staff [ This message was edited by: ik1sld on 04-02-2003 07:14 ]

• ISS Achievement Award   15 years 11 weeks ago

Ciao John,

thank you, and at ISS FanClub we are very happy to hear that from the Fans

We had a delay to send the first awards in January but now we can delivery the IAA in a few days after the reception of the request.

Good luck with the Voice contact when the Crew will be active.

73 de IK1SLD Claudio
    ISS FanClub Staff

• ISS PKT SILENCE - INFO REQ   15 years 11 weeks ago

Three days ago, the ISS packet station has been turned ON for about 5 minutes during a pass over the west coast of USA and Canada. When ISS approached the east coast, the packet station was OFF again. I am really not impressed by Crew 6! [ This message was edited by: VA2VA on 04-02-2003 01:01 ]