• ISS head packet signal   14 years 23 weeks ago

QUESTIONS:

Is this to say that the D700 stn is now PERMENANTLY active or will there be off and ons again and

what is the freq, is it simply 145.800 OR is it split to uplink opf 144.99 and downlink opf a45.800 as the news item seems to say?

Also exactly what unproto paths is it using ?, wide, relay, rs0iss?

will someone pklease confirm this as information is not very well given it seems

thanks

• ISS head packet signal   14 years 23 weeks ago

Today in it orbits 28,435 to the rededor of the 14:48 UTC and listened
    to DS in frec. of slope of the ISS. Apparently the equipment this in
    operations again.

Translated by Systran.
    Mail form befor

73 de pe2jmr

• ISS & Kenwood TM-D700   14 years 24 weeks ago

Q: How many Astronauts does it take to plug in a D700?

A: Don´t know unless it;s in triplicate and costys thousands of dollars for a bloody simple task that would not challenge a 5 year old.

Just how hard is it to plug in a d700 one has to ask, even on the ISS ?.

ridiculous !

• ISS & Kenwood TM-D700   14 years 24 weeks ago

Quote:
    On 2003-11-04 22:19, DO4OSS wrote:
    Hi,

I heared last sunday, ISS got a Kenwood TM-D700.

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know when it will be installed?

Steffen / do4oss

Miles Mann posted a message on October 23 concerning the TM-D700. I think it will be sent on the next PROGRESS automated cargo spaceship. I am posting an excerpt from that old message received via SAREX:

«The ISS packet system is still OFF-LINE. Astronaut Mike Foale, said he will try to fix the problem, however he can not make the repairs until he get permission and has the project "Time-Lined" into his schedule.
    Please be patient.

SpaceCam Slow Scan TV Status:
    The ARISS team has put together a 6-man team of engineers to go to Moscow in November 2003 (the ARISS team is made up of engineers from NASA, AMSAT and MAREXMG). The team will be performing a full end to end systems test of all of the new ISS-Ham Phase-2 hardware. The new
    hardware includes a Kenwood D700, power supplies cables and the SpaceCam
    software...»

Greetings!

• Head ISS digi   14 years 25 weeks ago

Heard Astronaught talking in Spanish? on this mornings second pass over UK on 145.800, I understand a D700 has been delivered...now there is NO reason the Digi cannot be up and running at any time

like NOW guys !

m3eav

• Head ISS digi   14 years 25 weeks ago

Passing 10:00 utc NO packt heard on
    145.800 Mhz.
    Whe to still hope ?
    73 de jan pe2jmr

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

i agree this area IS the last interesting area left and seeing how it is static this does not say much !, here in UK i have been watching absolutely NOTHING happening on APRS which despite being a great idea makes you wonder what the point is of it , like so much it is completely underused and a victim of apathy.
    Lets hope the FIVE hams on board can somehow get this fixed very soon.

Ian

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

I am also on the stand-by mode since January and waiting very anxiously to hear the new ISS packet station.

I had the chance to send one packet to ISS at the end of summer. Soon after, the ISS tnc went dead again.

Let´s hope our fresh Crew 8 will be into ham radio in their spare time and fix the packet station soon!

Greetings to all from Mario, in Québec City, Canada. VA2VA [ This message was edited by: VA2VA on 22-10-2003 05:29 ]

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

The entire amateur radio community is in a "cold" period...
    I believe, from the general public point of view, we are the last fascinating part of .it

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

i also notice that amsat.org bulletin on it´s site is STILL the 28th september one, what has happened to space ham ?, it is as dead as a donought, or is it apathy or what?

ian

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

I know i did the MIR before i even had a license (track/monitor and i loved it, I am just dissapointed it has ta\ken so long to get the ISDS sorted out especially when at the end of the day it is such an easy thing to do!

after reading the latest news about hardware i may well hold out a bit longer.

it gets lonely in the middle of a field on my own you know

ian

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

after reading the latest news about hardware i may well hold out a bit longer.

it gets lonely in the middle of a field on my own you know

ian

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

Hello Eddie,
    hundreds of OM´s are waiting for the return of RS0ISS on the air.
    To be completely honest I am not very satisfied about the performance of the various ARISS teams around the world.
    They failed Phase1. Lets see what happens on Phase2.
    73´s
    Alain, iz6byy, ww3ww

• ISS packet radio   14 years 26 weeks ago

The MIR space station has been in space for more than 10 years.
    ISS is supposed to last even more. This is just the beginning...
    If you like shortwaves more then you probably have to sell your VHF rig.

• ISS packet radio   14 years 27 weeks ago

anyone want a TM-D700 , I got it for ISS and Sat´s but seeing how 90% of sat´s dont work and the ISS is getting nowhere fast my patience has run out having this sitting here gathering dust and seeing lots of tech and money being underused, gonna go shortwave at least it works !.

Ian

• pipistrello argentine online   14 years 27 weeks ago

Hola, por aqui en chile tambien estamos a la espera de que Pedro Duque, se acuerde de sudamerica.

73´s a todos

CE4LNM
    Marcelo.

• pipistrello argentine online   14 years 27 weeks ago

hey no se crean que me fui
    siempre a la espera de escuchar otra vez a la iss por sudamerica

saludos a todos
    salutti per tutti
    greetings for all

lw5eey
    Gustavo

• Is ISS packet radio active at all?   14 years 30 weeks ago

All that Tech and they cannot even get a simple TNC and radio working, they should be able to fix it in their tea time !!

Ian

• COLUMBIA   14 years 32 weeks ago

Amen. God please do bless our world´s space travelers if You will. I ask this in Jesus´ name, Amen.

Hi everybody. I´m new here. I don´t know anything about ham radio, although I was in the US Army Signal Corps. One of my sergeants claimed to have picked up space shuttle radio transmissions once. That was back in the mid-eighties before the Challenger disaster.

I´m mostly here because I´m a space buff. It must be awesome to talk with or listen to a space farer while he´s zooming about the earth in orbit.

Well, I´m about to see about registering on this site. My username will likely be rvltn206. And no that doesn´t mean revolting. It means Revelation chapter 20 verse six. My area of expertise is the Bible. I have a bachelor of Science degree in biblical studies (Religion).

I cried for the Columbia astronauts the day they died more than I have ever mourned a death(s) before. I was surprised by my own level of sadness. It still makes me sad once in a while.

• pipistrello argentine online   14 years 34 weeks ago

Posiblemente se pueda escuchar en estos dias voy a estar atento
    saludos Gustavo
    Argentina

• ISS PASS SUMMARY   14 years 35 weeks ago

Nothing heard from the ISS here in Austria since 18. 8. 2003!!

• ISS PASS SUMMARY   14 years 35 weeks ago

Thank you for your updates! Sorry to hear the packet station is down again.

• PR and APRS Signals heard on 145.800!!   14 years 35 weeks ago

Hope we can use the bbs soon.
    73 de tg9atx

• PR and APRS Signals heard on 145.800!!   14 years 35 weeks ago

Hourra!!!

• In South America there is Radioamateur....   14 years 36 weeks ago

.. Y seguiremos esperando quien sabe hasta cuando!!!.. ojalá con la presencia de FOALE se normalicen las operaciones, al menos en fonía, ya que el packet seguirá muerto quien sabe hasta cuando.

saludos de Alejandro www.qsl.net/gdm