• Help and advice please.   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hello Amm1UK,

Most of the time ISS hamradio station
    is switched in the APRS digipeater mode.
    Many stations can send (data) beacon signals
    to ISS, and the ISS send those beacons back
    to earth (with 4000km range on earth).

Often (mostly in the weekends) you can hear the
    astronauts talking in voice on 145.800Mhz (FM).
    Thats the hamradio frequency.
    If you life in europe (or russia) you
    can also monitor ISS to Moscow flight
    control frequency on 143.625Mhz FM.

The best choice would be a desktop scanner
    with (for example) a wide band discone
    antenne.

When you want to decode the ISS beacons
    you can put a cable between your
    scanner (ext-speaker jack) to your -
    mic-in (jack) from your soundcard.
    With AGW + UIVIEW you can see the aprs
    stations which comes from the ISS signals.

You can download AGW and UIVIEW from
    my website: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl
    Click on the software button.

If you have more questions write them
    here in the forum.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• QSL (long) time   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hi all!
    I have contacted Christophe as suggested an he said me that I've sent the mail to the old address.
    Anyhow he's managing the matter with great efficiency; as soon as he receive my report (a guy living in the "wrong" town is forwarding him the envelope) he will send me the QSL.
    Regards
    Marco
    JN45ok

• Big probs with APRS getting through from Oz   11 years 4 weeks ago

On Jan 26, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Kevin W. Forbes wrote:
    Steve K4HG, reports no problems with the APRS system at his end. Looks like the ball is back in the Australians Court. :-(

> Hi, any idea why se Australia is being blocked....
    > None of my data is getting through to ARISS pages, but emails are
    > delivered OK.......
    > http://aprs.net.au/pipermail/ozaprs/2006-January/date.html#start
    > Yours faithfully, Kevin Forbes, VK3UKF.

Nothing on my end blocks any incoming data.

Steve K4HG

• Big probs with APRS getting through from Oz   11 years 4 weeks ago

I just sent myself an email via ISS, there was nothing on the ARISS page, yet I recieved it OK.

ISS digi test

--------------------------
    Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
    Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
    APRS path = VK3UKF-6>APRS,RS0ISS-3,VK7HSE*,WIDE,INETZX,qAo,VK7HIL

It appears that all of South East Australia is not being fed into FINDU APRS data. It seems this has been the case since about Jan 10 2006. VK6 is OK, and I have got a possy through the other day, it was picked up in New Zealand, glad the Kiwi's still work OK. See here for some more info.

Also a lot of live feed pages on Oz APRS net are down. I have NO idea. Kevin, VK3UKF.

HHEELLPPPPP !!!!! :-( :-(

• ISS QSL CARD   11 years 4 weeks ago

DEAR FRIENDS:
    IM JUST SIGNING FOR FIRST TIME IN THIS PAGE.....ONLY TO ASK, IF ANYBODY KNOWS IF IS POSIBLE TO FIND THE ISS LOG? IT WILL BE USEFUL TO CONFIRM IF I REALY BEEN COPIED BY BILL OR VALERY.....ANY HELP WILL BE APRECIATED :D :D :D

ELADIO
    WP3MW
    PUERTO RICO

• Space Tourism and related Questionnaire   11 years 4 weeks ago

Space Tourism is already available to some extent. Trips to the orbit are offered by a company called Space Adventures based in the USA. Three tourists habe been to the ISS so far. Even though it is still very expensive do some of you consider to book a trip as soon as it gets cheaper?

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

Thanks for Info, I will leave a message on board ISS BBS anyway to be sure.. But I think is as N5VHO said. :lol: 73 de Op. Paco

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hi Kenneth!

Thanks for the (very fast) response! I wanted to make sure, since this is different than the way it was with Mir (R0MIR) packet QSLing. We needed to leave the message and note the message number, so it could be verified by the Mir QSL manager. A printout of our connection showing when this took place and the message being left on the Mir PMS was recommended along with the QSL card and SASE. Guess I can send off for another QSL card...

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA

• QSL (long) time   11 years 4 weeks ago

A couple of months seems like a long time. It took me about a month to get a card from the ARRL for my QSO on 1 December 2005. E-mail the European manager as others suggested, before sending anything else. It is possible that he was waiting for more cards, since Bill McArthur has been busy on the radio for the past couple of months. Someone posted an image of the new QSL in another part of the forum on this site.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

A connect is a two way contact. If you receive the text from ISS, it heard you and you heard it.

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

Just to clarify, simply connecting to the BBS (RS0ISS-11) is all that's needed to qualify for a packet QSL? Or should we do something like leave a message on the PMS for the crew, and make a note of the message number along with the date and time (UTC) we did all of this?

If the connection is all that's needed, I did that briefly last month. Very briefly. If a message is required as well, I'll have to go back to work on doing that.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA

• QSL (long) time   11 years 4 weeks ago

Sounds a bit unusual. You might email the manager and verify he got the card. There is no current time limit on QSL card requests.

• QSL (long) time   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hello Marco,

The QSL mananger for EU region is:
    Christophe Candebat (F1MOJ).
    Better you ask Christophe if he knows
    about the Rue Malmaison address!
    Email F1MOJ (at) FREE.FR

Look at the ISS QSL request info on
    my website: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl
    Click on the red ISS button.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hi to All,

This is all tha address for the request QSL from ISS :

A contact with an Astronaut, Cosmonaut or with an equipment onboard ISS (Packet, SSTV etc.) can be confirmed requiring a QSL directly to these addresses:

[u:46acbeb6ee]For the USA[/u:46acbeb6ee] :
    ARRL Headquarters
    ARISS QSL Expedition-1 (or 2, etc.)
    225 Main Street
    Newington, CT 06111-1494
    USA

[u:46acbeb6ee]For Canada :[/u:46acbeb6ee]
    Radio Amateurs of Canada
    ARISS QSL Expedition-1 (or 2, etc.)
    720 Belfast Road, Suite 217

ARISS Japan QSL
    JARL International Section
    Tokyo 170-8073
    JAPAN

[u:46acbeb6ee]For other Countries:[/u:46acbeb6ee]
    Please use the US or Canadian address above
    until such time as an address
    for your country is available.

[u:46acbeb6ee]For RS0ISS:[/u:46acbeb6ee]
    Alexander Davydov, RN3DK
    Novo - Mytishchinsky prospekt 52 - 111
    Mytishchi 18, 141018
    RUSSIA

Please don't forget to include a business size, self-addressed, stamped envelope with proper postage or sufficient IRCs included. Envelopes without postage or IRCs will not be honored.
    A self addressed envelope and two IRC's are necessary to cover the handling cost for European request.

• Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago
    This link should have the address for every region of the world. [url]http://www.rac.ca/ariss/oindex.htm#QSL's[/url]
  • Packet QSL   11 years 4 weeks ago

I have been connected a lot of times on ISS BBS with different callsigns since various years ago... But this is new for me: Just only with a successful connection to the BBS would qualify me for a QSL from RS0ISS on Packet!.
    Where can I ask QSL for? :?: 73

• My first ISS observation over Madrid (Spain) today.   11 years 4 weeks ago

:D I saw a few times passing on the sky, It is a nice experience but I wondered if using a good telecope It Would be better... :?:

• Tracking software for Symbian ?!   11 years 4 weeks ago

nobody wants to help me???

• Bill completes WAC, WAS, hunts for DXCC   11 years 4 weeks ago

Bill picked up several more over the weekend of Jan 21-22. His DXCC count is now 77.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• Another first voice contact   11 years 4 weeks ago

Congratulations on the QSO! Bill was looking for Alaska to finish working all 50 US states, and your QSO was one of 3 he made that day. Please don't forget to send in a QSL request to ARRL, as he needs the cards to get the awards.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix AZ

• Bill active on voice 01.22.06 as well?   11 years 4 weeks ago

Hi!

Now that Bill has worked all US states and is working toward 100 countries for DXCC, I'm not sure he will be as available for US stations. I listened to a pass around 2250 UTC Sunday (22 January) and heard packet at the start, so I turned off the radio. Found out later that he came on the mic and called CQ. Oh well...

I talked to Bill on 1 December 2005 with an HT and telescoping whip. On that pass, the ISS was over northern Mexico, and away from many of the big-gun stations in the western USA. Otherwise, I doubt seriously I would have had a chance to talk with him that day. An NT/whip combo is possible, but more power or a better antenna should help your chances. Improve both for better results. And a little luck...

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA

• First Brazil woman talk with NA1SS   11 years 4 weeks ago

My website is offline, i dont know why.
    You can hear audio file on server from my friend Cor PD0RKC:

Tnx Cor!

73 PY5RX/PY5JMJ

• First Brazil woman talk with NA1SS   11 years 4 weeks ago

Congratulations PY5JMJ

• Thanks for the QSO Bill !!!!   11 years 4 weeks ago

Thanks and congratulations to you too. I see you made contact with NA1SS today!!!

73 my friend

• First Brazil woman talk with NA1SS   11 years 4 weeks ago

Congratulations Mrs. Juliana - PY5JMJ for your contact with NA1SS and congrats to PY5RX - Fabiano too ;-)