• Request: ARISS Contact Wed 2006-02-08 15:24 UTC Recording   11 years 2 weeks ago

My rig was setup to record the ISS on that pass. Im at work and won't know if it worked, or the quality of the recording until I get home tonight. I will post a link to it if I was able to get it.

• Request: ARISS Contact Wed 2006-02-08 15:24 UTC Recording   11 years 3 weeks ago
    Johnny, If you don't have much luck gettting a recording, the ARRL usally gets one from the school and posts it with the story. Check [url]www.arrl.org[/url] over the next week or so for the story on Pine Ridge. The story may be combined with the Dale and DeGolyer contacts done the day before. Congraluations to Bill on the Pine Ridge contact. It was his 24th and sets a new school contact record for a crew member.
  • What does everyone use to record voice?   11 years 3 weeks ago

Just remember when using scanner recorder to mess with the settings before relying on the program during an actual pass. That is what I did on my last pass and the audio was absolutely beautiful, but it was clipping because I didn't mess with the settings first. You may have to take off the anti clipping feature for it to work for you. Let me know if you need help with it and I will see what I can do.

• SUIT SAT VIDEO AVAILABLE!   11 years 3 weeks ago
    [quote:0ab399a993="AH6RH"]66 MB file. Good video capture of NASA-TV video feed. The first 8 minutes of the opening is dedicated to descriptions of suitsat. Good video of the release starts around 20:00. Release at 20:29. Very good![/quote:0ab399a993] Thanks for the comment AH6RH... I tried to make it interesting for hams...as the comments of the NasaTV speaker are mostly ham radio related. By the way.. the recording was done from the internet NTV feed(not sat) :lol: thanks again and glad to know you enjoyed it! 73s from NW Spain www.ea1uro.com fernando
  • Suitsat ????   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello to all :lol:

Today I have made an automatic record of the 1:18, 2:52, 4:28, 6:04 and 7:39 pass.(437.800)

On the record of the pass of 2:52 and 7:39 I heard SSTV modulation, but because much QRM of packet and voice of CT1...station and other unknow :evil: the is signal too short for decoding.

I hope to the next pass recording SSTV modulation for audio analyse, and cofirm the Robot36 mode!

Without station QRM I think possible to decode a frame

I have try also on 145.990 with 20dB antenna preamplifier and vertical antenna, without success.

OM's try again and again! That is a contest! :wink:

73 Jean-Pierre de F5PMR on JN02IU SO France

• Suitsat ????   11 years 3 weeks ago

NONE of that audio is SuitSat!

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello All,

This Morning, 07:45UTC heard some SSTV very weak. Seems to get better over the days. On 437.800 still APRS and unknown language (?) not Suitsat.

73!

Werner

• What does everyone use to record voice?   11 years 3 weeks ago

I just used the sound record function in the MixW program, but I will try your program listed in the 1st post next time (Thanks KA3ZYQ!!!)

Jeff ..KE7FZV Casa Grande,AZ

• Great copy of NA1SS 16:30 utc Feb 7th pass over arizona   11 years 3 weeks ago

Greetings...here is a the file location of my recording..16:30 utc Feb 7th pass over arizona..This is my first attempt at recording and editing one of thse files..I edited the blank spaces while the Station in Texas was transmitting..Also The begining was without my pre-amp on..but I turned it on a short while in..Also, somehow I cut out the last section of the transmission..but it still is a nice transaction between Bill and the school....Next recording will be better! If the file does not work, please email me back and I will try to fix it...

73's ..

Jeff KE7FZV , Casa Grande, AZ

• IFC: expenses. Need your comment   11 years 3 weeks ago

I would have no problem with ads either. Most of the major ham radio websites have them too (Eham, QRZ) and I don't think that they are too intrusive.

73 Zach KE7EYQ

• IFC: expenses. Need your comment   11 years 3 weeks ago

I think that it's a great idea! and wouldn't mind the ad's at all. I think this site is great and would hate to see it go away. Thanks for all you do!

Jeff,
    Just letting you know I picked up the same transmission here in Rockton, Illinois, 70 miles west of Chicago also on a 2 meter rig off a 4 foot vertical. You are right, this is fun.

Ken
    KC9FWN

• What does everyone use to record voice?   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello.

For voice activated recordin you can use the probam you suggest or Nino Porcino's Vox recorder.
    For normal operations I have the same setup of yours, but since my radio (IC-821H) do not have the audio monitor I need to use the PC microphone to record my own voice when I transmit.
    I record using Audacity, and then normally encode in mp3.
    When I operate, whatever it is, I always record everything. ISS passes are recorder indicating date, time and orbit number.

Regards

Alain

• SUIT SAT VIDEO AVAILABLE!   11 years 3 weeks ago

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello All!

I also was on RX on 437.800, but only APRS and some voice i can't understand. Seems european, so if anyone would like to have the file? I recorded the passes of Suitsat this morning.

Beste regards and 73!

Werner
    PD2GT

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   11 years 3 weeks ago

All was quiet on the 0835 utc pass here in EM26kp other than a couple of random packet bursts on that came down from the 437.800 side of the ISS de KC5TER

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   11 years 3 weeks ago

listened to the most recent pass of the iss and suitsat, copied about 40.25 seconds of none english voice and a few data bursts (non sstv) via the 437.800mhz rebroadcast of suitsat on the 4.5 degree pass. ISS signal was strong.. suitsat was weak into the iss repeater. Have audio recording avalible to anyone that would like to try and interpret it.. its about a 2 by 2 copy for the most part. Will be listening for the 0835 utc as it will be at 89.1 degrees at my location de Eddie (KC5TER) EM26kp

• Looking for recording of NA1SS on February 4, 2006 at 1835Z   11 years 3 weeks ago

Thanks Zach, much appreciated!

It's not much, but it's far better than nothing :D

Gert - K5WW

[url]http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl/ISSAUDIO/4feb2006NA1SS_SUITSAT.mp3[/url] Here's a direct link. Good luck! 73 Zach KE7EYQ
  • Space Station Audio   11 years 3 weeks ago
    I hope this works. I've never posted a url on here before so I'm hoping it's just a simple copy and paste job. Here is the website.[url]http://www.chron.com/content/interactive/space/vdo/[/url] The station 11 crew are off duty today and tomorrow but right at this moment I am connected and Bill was talking to Houston. As they have the next couple of days off I expect large gaps of silence! Have a good day or evening everybody! :)
  • Space Station Audio   11 years 3 weeks ago

Care to share the link?

I suspect that it is the Public affairs feed and they are making it available. I that is the case, You cannot listen with a scanner since you would need to have one capable of receiving the TDRS satellite network and be able to decode the encrypted digital signal.

• Space Station Audio   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello Amm1UK,

Dureing the space walk the NASA communications
    where on the Ku-band (satellite band).
    The audio is also TDRS decoded!

73's Cor PD0RKC

Hi Zach.

Thanks for the hint, but I'm not having any luck finding it. Could it have been removed already?

Gert

• SUITSAT SPOKE RUSSIAN WORDS ON AFRICA! (audio recorded!).   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello Dimitry,

Thanks for your comment!
    Probably you are right, the signal is weak and in
    other (better) audio files I do hear english with
    a strong russian accent.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   11 years 3 weeks ago

Hello S57GD,

Yes the ISS cross-band repeater is on and
    it listen to suitsat, so probably you can
    hear a few moments suitsat via the ISS x-
    repater with downlink: 437.800.
    SO TO ALL READERS: DO NOT SEND APRS TO ISS!!!

73's Cor PD0RKC