• [Video] New UHF ISS Digipeater!   1 year 12 weeks ago

I think we all would like that, but you will have to be patient. It will be a little while before a radio with VHF is taken up to the ISS for the Columbus module. Until then, it is possible to work the 70cm digipeater. Seems like more are doing this here in North America than in Europe.

Good luck, and 73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
    Twitter: @WD9EWK

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 12 weeks ago

My recording of ARISS school contact using new TH-D74E HT with microSD + Arrow-2 146/437-10WPB Antenna
    20161221121056 : G7HCE]APRS,RS0ISS*,qAR,G7HCE-10::NWS :OR4ISS via IK1SLD school contact next pass 145.800Mhz

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 12 weeks ago
    My x-quad antenna is configured for fixed cirular polarisation. I think, the antenna on ISS are designed for linear polarisation. Maybe it is better, to remove the phasing harness and to switch to horizontal or vertical polarization manually by using a coax relay. At the moment i can not try a higher elevation, because of the long VHF 9ele-Yagi above the x-xquad. I will change the antennas in spring. UISS on my PC is not working because the TCP-Port 8000 is occupied by system-process svchost. I checked the system for malware, but the scanner hadn't found anything. Although i changed de port in the .ini-File the programm freezes in the start procedure. For UHF operation i can only use an ICOM mobile transceiver IC-2725. Unfourtunately i can set the frequency only in 5 kHz-steps. I have stored five frequency-pairs in the memory. Sorry for my bad englisch.
  • [Video] New UHF ISS Digipeater!   1 year 12 weeks ago

I only have one Christmas wish this year and its to get ISS back on 145.825 MHz please please Santa

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 12 weeks ago

Have managed to gate you a few times but still unable to qso with you by the time I get your beacons as iss is nearer my qth and don't hear me. When the weather gets a bit better and stops raining will try with the arrow 2/70 portable again and see if the high overhead passes are any better. What sort of problem are you experiencing with UISS as I run this on i7 laptop windows 10 64bit and older Pentium laptop win 7 32bit without any issues. I normally use APRSIS32 for I-gate which has better mapping and runs well with Kenwood's TS-2000 + UISS + Soundmodem, TM-D710GE and TH-D72E HT (aprs 12 mode) but it don't like my new TH-D74E HT which works fine in kiss mode on UI-View (kiss 12 mode) via bluetooth.
    Have a look at the amsat thread from Patrick:

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 12 weeks ago

You might try setting your elevation to a fixed level of 30 degrees. You will cover more pass opportunities in the beam width.

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 12 weeks ago
    I can also confirm that our radio operation with Space, the ISS, on UHF is more difficult than on VHF. I use an X-quad-antenna, but I have only an azimuth-rotator. The elevation is set to the fix value of 10 degrees. Strangely a transmitting contact to ISS is only successful by an elevation between 1 and 6 degrees, seldom behind that (> 6 degrees). But I can decode data packets with a higher level of elevation up to 90 degrees. Unfortunately, the program UISS on my laptop works not correct. I use UI-view and the soundmodem of UZ7HO. I will try to install an igate cause I also know that the hams have to take the initiative.
  • ISS Radio Report 42232   1 year 13 weeks ago

Mheard Stations List: 17/12/2016 * Total stations heard:3
    EA1JM-6 17/12/2016 | 18:52:26
    EA1CHG-6 17/12/2016 | 18:52:55
    EA1JM 17/12/2016 | 18:53:00

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 13 weeks ago

Hi guys,
    I can confirm that the signal is weaker than VHF. Really difficult to receive in central Italy.

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 13 weeks ago

Unfortunately I don't hear much activity on the digipeater mostly just myself since moving to uhf and stations I do hear gets i-gated by me but the system is only on during a pass when i'm there. Sometimes I hear Spanish station logged onto RS0ISS-1 pms but other than that the digipeater is quiet.
    My station is only working off a 2/70 mobile Omni antenna at this time which replaced a vhf ground plane antenna which I only put up just before the iss vhf radio failed. I only hear the iss mostly to the east of me over the Atlantic and away from Europe and at the lower passes with high altitude overhead being the worst. Other stations have posted how the signal is weak and possibly why there is less activity especially stations that use to I-gate and are now off-line unless you have higher gain tracked antennas don't see it changing much.

There is a new I-gate station IR0UGN-1 PSAT-ISS iGate: active located in Italy which should help and perhaps others will also follow. Maybe you can register and setup your own I-gate and gate some traffic you hear. The more the better.

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 13 weeks ago

Hello F4GVO,
    I've also received it from JN18CR, but it seems to be weaker than in VHF, do you confirm ?
    73's de Thibaut.

• 15 december contact to school in Pisa - ITALY   1 year 13 weeks ago

In this contact it's used the Kenwood radio in Russian module, therefore the contact is operated in VHF..

• 12 December contact to school in Toulouse France !   1 year 14 weeks ago

Audio of my reception

Thanks for sharing

Jean-Pierre de F5PMR on JN02IU

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 14 weeks ago

Also heard the same and the carrier was good signal as seen hear on 9-deg 14:34 UTC pass over Exeter.
    Yesterday only one pass with sstv and finished early. Guess there must be some issues and digipeater appears to be off/on 437.525 from yesterdays ARISS shool contact frequency but very weak packet signal. Hope sstv comes back again soon.

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 14 weeks ago

I heard the same. Only carrier today. Yesterday I got good image

• SSTV from ISS   1 year 14 weeks ago

Nothing today from Christchurch New Zealand at 1828
    UTC 9-12-16 which is 0728 in the morning of the
    10-12-16 local time.

• Opportunity for phonics contacts in South America   1 year 14 weeks ago

only random contact !!!

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   1 year 14 weeks ago

It might be worth them leaving it on over the 2 days for everyone as appears switching on and off is causing them some issues. It's only worked for just one 15-deg pass over UK yesterday 15:27 UTC and it hasn't worked since. First pass of 9-deg 14:34 UTC over UK today was very strong carrier signal with no sstv modulation. The following pass at 16:05 UTC nothing heard at all not even a carrier so it would appear they maybe having a problem since yesterday when it finished early.

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 14 weeks ago

I heard carrier only no modulation about 14:40Z till setting over horizon

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 14 weeks ago

Same here good strong signal on 9-deg 14:34 UTC pass over Exeter/uk but no sstv modulation

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 14 weeks ago

only carrier 9+40 no modulation

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   1 year 14 weeks ago

The link shows what the MAI-75 is all about and why the orbits are for Moscow.

• Receiving ISS on UHF from Central Italy   1 year 14 weeks ago

Hi, see my uploaded picture under Images! :)

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   1 year 14 weeks ago