Archive - 1969 - Forum topic

June 14th

HamTV TX is defective and not work !

Ham Video transmitter defective

Mid April, the Ham Video transmitter onboard Columbus stopped working.

June 1st 2018, an extensive test was performed by crew. This test comprized connecting the transmitter to the second ARISS L/S-band patch antenna on the nadir of Columbus.

The test was negative. Ground stations didn't receive any signal from Ham Video.

Presently, ARISS is planning to download the transmitter for repair. Onboard, repair is impossible.

We hope this plan will be accepted by the space agencies and the cost of operations funded by sponsors.

IW2BSF – Thu, 2018 – 06 – 14 08:37

June 13th

Best antenna for VHF contact

I currently use a dual band "tactical" j-pole antenna and have had several unsuccessful attempts at making contact with ISS. I am on a TYT TH-7800 using 50 watts. I have the downlink (145.800) and uplink (144.490) frequencies programmed into my radio. The antenna is not very high in the air right now and there are trees around. What could I do differently to have a better chance of success in contacting the ISS?

K5DWG – Wed, 2018 – 06 – 13 20:51

Best antenna for VHF contact

I currently use a dual band "tactical" j-pole antenna and have had several unsuccessful attempts at making contact with ISS. I am on a TYT TH-7800 using 50 watts. I have the downlink (145.800) and uplink (144.490) frequencies programmed into my radio. The antenna is not very high in the air right now and there are trees around. What could I do differently to have a better chance of success in contacting the ISS?

K5DWG – Wed, 2018 – 06 – 13 06:56

19 june contact to school in Serbia !

ARISS contact planned for school in Serbia

An International Space Station school contact has been planned for Ricky Arnold KE5DAU with Tehnicka Skola Zajecar, Zajecar, Serbia.

The event is scheduled Tuesday 19 June 2018 at approximately 14.20 UTC.

The contact will be a direct operated by YU1ACR.

The downlink signals will be audible in parts of Europe.

73 de IW2BSF Rudy

IW2BSF – Wed, 2018 – 06 – 13 04:37

June 5th

6 - 7 June 2018 ..... SSTV events !!!

Slow Scan Television (SSTV) images transmitted from the International Space Station and other ARISS supported satellites

Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Inter-MAI SSTV for short periods on June 6-7

Here are the targeted times for Inter-MAI SSTV operations (subject to change): June 6, 12:30-14:30 UTC and June 7, 11:50-15:25 UTC. Check your orbits to see if ISS will be in range of your location in those time blocks.

**UPDATE 5/30**

Looks like another activity has shifted the SSTV end time to allow another pass on June 6. End time now 16:30 UTC.

IW2BSF – Wed, 2018 – 06 – 06 02:55

May 28th

HamTV TEST by ISS on 1 June 2018 !

TEST HamVideo on ISS at 1 June !

The Ham Video system will be checked Friday June 1, 2018.

The transmitter will be down powered step by step. Next the antenna cable will be connected to the second antenna. Finally, the transmitter will be powered on step by step.

These operations are scheduled 17.25 – 17.55 UTC.

The next pass over Europe will be at 18.40 UTC.

Ground stations are invited to monitor the signal and report on this pass and later passes.

The Ham Video transmitter will be powered down Saturday June 2 at 23.30 UTC, due to a Soyuz undocking.

IW2BSF – Mon, 2018 – 05 – 28 16:11

May 24th

MOVIE on Amateur radio that speak with a Russian Cosmonaut !

The Soviet cosmonaut remained in space while the USSR was no longer there !

The protagonist of the film "Sergio & Sergei" is inspired by his story, and befriends a Cuban amateur radio!

When the Soviet Union disappeared, it changed everything for a lot of people; those who lived there, those around them, and many around the world. And finally, for the Soviet cosmonaut Sergej Konstantinovič Krikalëv: instead he was in space, in the Mir space station, representing a state that in the meantime was gone.

IW2BSF – Thu, 2018 – 05 – 24 08:31

May 13th

15 May ISS contact to school in Philippines but audible in USA !!

15 MAY an ISS school contact has been planned with participants at University of the Philippines Integrated School, Quezon City, Philippines !

The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 08:22 UTC.

The contact will be a telebridge between NA1SS and W6SRJ

W6SRJ is the SANTA ROSA JR COLLEGE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

in Santa Rosa, CA (USA)

The contact is in TELEBRIDGE an is ONLY audible over the west coast of the U.S.

The contact is expected to be conducted in English.

IW2BSF – Sun, 2018 – 05 – 13 10:03

May 4th

Couple minutes of school contact with mobile radio..

Just a couple minutes of a school contact that I recorded a few months back. I was planning to go out with an FT-60R and my Arrow, but was running a fever of 102 that morning. I was listening for a few minutes already when I thought to make a video recording. Radio is a TH-9800, antenna is a Fong DBJ-1 masted at ~30’, ISS was passing at ~12 degrees (IIRC).

https://youtu.be/I3nkTKR-U4U

W8KDG – Fri, 2018 – 05 – 04 20:04

May 1st

3 MAY two contacts to schools in USA !

3 MAY an ISS contact to school in Mill Springs Academy, Alpharetta - GA USA

at 15:47 UTC

direct contact to WA4MSA in Georgia.

audible ONLY in USA !

3 MAY an ISS contact to school at College Station - Texas USA

at 17:22 UTC

direct contato to W5QZ in Texas

audible ONLY in U.S.A. on 145.800 MHz FM ( RX ONLY !!! )

Follow this contact on our FB ISS fan club here :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254653548367766/

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

IW2BSF – Tue, 2018 – 05 – 01 09:26
x

Date UTC Az El Lat Lon Orbit Vis
Print
x

Select your Location

x

Live APRS Tracking