• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 6 weeks ago

So BBS can connect only to one station each time ?

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 6 weeks ago

Tony,
    If I understand the series of events properly, it sounds like you timed the system out. You connected but were unable to receive or acknowlege the subsequent frames. The BBS was in the process of retrying when you attempted to connect again. Since the BBS can only accept 1 connect (your first attempt) it would not permit the second since it was still trying to complete the first connect.

If someone else was connected prior to the ISS becoming AOS at your location, that might explain the disconnect also. If the other station lost the signal then the BBS would have been in the retry operation but would not accept a second connect until it finished retrying and disconnected from the previous station.

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 6 weeks ago

At 05.29 UTC (May 18), I succeed connect the BBS, then the command doesn't shown. Why ?
    Then I receive this message from ISS : [b:9255289a39]
    RS0ISS-11>YB0EX/V: <<DM>>:
    *** RS0ISS-11 busy
    *** DISCONNECTED [/b:9255289a39]
    Is it mean that too many station are connected to ISS ?

73 de,

TonyW.
    YB0EX

• ISS handheld 5W, Rochester, NY   10 years 6 weeks ago

Cor,

I want to see the schematic.
    Would you send it via tw_winata@hotmail.com ?

TonyW.
    YB0EX

• ISS handheld 5W, Rochester, NY   10 years 6 weeks ago

I only have a yaesu vx-150 (5W handheld). I am interested in working the iss. How many people operate the iss with only 5W on a regular basis, and what kind of antenna do you use? I am on a low budget, so I won't be buying a new radio. Is there anyone in the rochester, NY area that works the iss?
    thanks William

• Cor-pd0rkc   10 years 7 weeks ago

Hello Tony,

Nice to hear you received my mail.
    I life in the north of the Netherlands (JO33AD).
    On the ISS pictures you see Mike Foale he has left
    the ISS so did Mike Fincke too (wich I have spoke to).
    When you download the complete ISS audio file, you
    can understand that I have spoken with the crew:

The ISS (2m./70cm) crossband repeater is not active,
    we have to wait if the crew activate it!
    But you can trie FM satellites like: AO-51, AO-27, SO-50.

You can see the ISS visible in the sky after 1 or 2 hours
    sunset so the ISS have sunreflection.

If there are other questions let me (or us) know!

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS freq info: http://pd0rkc.mine.nu/iss.html

• tracking web page   10 years 7 weeks ago

tks for your help
    is working again best 73's

• tracking web page   10 years 7 weeks ago

the tracking page should always be available. Unfortunately a bug forces me to reload it once every while.
    As soon as I have time I will recompile it with no bug... please have patience because I have been very busy at work

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago
    To be considered for a school contact, you will need to fill out an ARISS application. The application process is explained at [url]http://www.arrl.org/ARISS/ariss-ap.html[/url]
  • Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago
    Finally............ today is my first time succeed to use the digipeater. At 10 Mei 6.40 am UTC, I send some unproto cq to RS0ISS-3 and it works. Looks : [b:a0c6c8b0ff] YB0EX>BEACON,RS0ISS-3/H: <UI>: YBOEX TESTING ON ARISS,PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HEAR IT YB0EX>BEACON,RS0ISS-3*/V: <UI>: YBOEX TESTING ON ARISS,PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HEAR IT [/b:a0c6c8b0ff] I also succed to see my own messages : [b:a0c6c8b0ff] 56 114 /1610 YB0EX >PU4MAB Hello MauricioB-PU4MAB 55 168 /1437 YB0EX >N5VHO Hello Kenneth-N5VHO 54 122 /1434 YB0EX >PY5RX Hello Fabiano-PY5RX 53 121 /1433 YB0EX >ZL2CIA Hello Sil-ZL2CIA 49 157 /1410 YB0EX >HB9SKA Hello Thomas-HB9SKA 14 40 /2028 ZL2CIA>YB0EX reply 12 60 /0709 YB0EX >ALL hello world [/b:a0c6c8b0ff] Also succeeed to see the list of station connected : [b:a0c6c8b0ff] PD0RKC 02:34:19 DJ3OC 02:34:29 IZ5DKF 02:34:44 F5ASD 02:35:06 VK3UKF 03:11:41 PE1KL 04:04:08 IW6ATQ-3 04:11:02 VK6IQ 04:39:23 XE2ARF 05:21:16 IW0GCA 05:43:34 MX0OSC 05:43:44 IW4CZU 05:44:49 ZL2TE 06:27:20 EB7AKC 07:21:01 ZL3AT 08:04:07 ZL1KJ 08:08:43 KB1GVR 08:45:09 YB0EX 12:46:58 [/b:a0c6c8b0ff] Also succeed to see the latest 12 messages : [b:a0c6c8b0ff] Msg# Size TS Date Time From To @ BBS Subject 61 48 $ /0331 CU3FT >ALL hello from azores 60 40 /2253 F1AHH >ALL 73 from france 59 41 /0627 IW0GCA>ALL 73 de iw0gca 58 89 /0621 EI3IP >ALL 56 114 /1610 YB0EX >PU4MAB Hello MauricioB-PU4MAB 55 168 /1437 YB0EX >N5VHO Hello Kenneth-N5VHO 54 122 /1434 YB0EX >PY5RX Hello Fabiano-PY5RX 53 121 /1433 YB0EX >ZL2CIA Hello Sil-ZL2CIA 50 168 /0423 PD0RKC>ALL http://pd0rkc.mine.nu 49 157 /1410 YB0EX >HB9SKA Hello Thomas-HB9SKA 47 66 /0816 W6TRI >ALL CQ CQ ISS 46 264 /0417 HS2LXA>ALL [/b:a0c6c8b0ff] [b:a0c6c8b0ff][color=red:a0c6c8b0ff]Thanks to ISS[/b:a0c6c8b0ff][/color:a0c6c8b0ff] [b:a0c6c8b0ff]I want to try to use the analog mode ( voice ) of ISS.[/b:a0c6c8b0ff] My campus want to make a school contact with ISS and I would act as the supervisor for this event. How could I make some schedule with ISS crew. Please help..... Best73, TonyW. YB0EX Trisakti Campus - Jakarta (OI33), Indonesia
  • Ya um i have a project for skool. ya know?   10 years 7 weeks ago
    [quote:24969b2ddf="im_not_a_space_nerd!"]Can anyone tell me the crew of the ISS? And why was the ISS built in the first place? THANK YOU. :) PS: Would this count as cheating? My consience is kinda spazing out on me...... :roll:[/quote:24969b2ddf] hey do you go to EMS because i have to do that same thing
  • Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago

The 2 commands are essentially the same. If you are having trouble with the ARISS one, Try the RS0ISS-3

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago
    [quote:106011b7fe="N5VHO"]What is your UNPROTO command set to now?[/quote:106011b7fe] Kenneth, I set " [b:106011b7fe] Unproto CQ Via ARISS [/b:106011b7fe] " Should I also try : " [b:106011b7fe] Unproto CQ Via RS0ISS-3 [/b:106011b7fe] " ? 73de, :D TonyW. YB0EX
  • Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago

........................

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 7 weeks ago

is anybody here well i need 6 things or missions they're doing with the ISS

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 8 weeks ago

What is your UNPROTO command set to now?

• Many question connect to ISS   10 years 8 weeks ago
    Yesterday, I've succeed to connect the BBS and sent a 3 lines messages. I also try to sent unproto CQ (beacon) every 1 minute to ARISS, but without any succeed. Why this could be happen ? Should I try to connect my self via ARISS ? "[b:83b6674986]C YB0EX Via ARISS[/b:83b6674986]" [b:83b6674986][color=red:83b6674986]?[/color:83b6674986][/b:83b6674986] Thanks. 73de, TonyW-YB0EX :D :) :D
  • Link budget information   10 years 8 weeks ago

The orange material is Kapton (not sure of the spelling) to cover the sharp edges of the antenna.

The wings are artificial grounds to help with resonate frequency on 2 bands.

Black component is a non metallic guard to protect the connector assembly

I miss identified it earlier because for some reason, the images do not appear on my work computer. Let me know when you include images and I will wait to respond till I get home.

• Link budget information   10 years 8 weeks ago
    Kenneth, [img:1b3925b584]http://kaskusupload.com/userfiles/jn_starry/what.jpg[/img:1b3925b584] I saw that the antenna was cover by plastic ( the orange color) ? Is this right ? Also 2 things that looks like wings ? Is this also a 1/4 wave that will also radiate signal ? [b:1b3925b584]Please correct...[/b:1b3925b584] Also what the black things use for ? Is this a coil that use for make the 1/4 wave become shorten physically. TonyW. YB0EX
  • Packet off   10 years 8 weeks ago

You are correct, all my spare cash goes on radio equipment :roll:

All well now with a very good signal from the bird.

Thanks for your help

• Albany Hills State School, Brisbane, Australia on Wednesday, 4 May 2005   10 years 8 weeks ago

Contact will be available via webcast.
    Below is the login info:

Room: 3330

Go to www.communicast.com and click on bright orange "LOGIN" bar. That will take you to a Participant Login page where you will enter your first and last name, email and room number.

• Link budget information   10 years 8 weeks ago
    look at figure 7 for the position of the antennas. Figure 8 shows the actual antennas. [url]http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/Papers/Phase%202%20AGM03Final.pdf [/url]
  • callsign for ISS when in voice mode for hams   10 years 8 weeks ago

Callsign used on the ISS should be NA1SS.

The callsign you quoted (NN1SS) is a ground station in Maryland, near Washington DC, which is used by the ISS Amateur Radio Club.

Check out the reference information (lower right box) at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/reference/radio/

Iain KI4HLV near Washington DC

• callsign for ISS when in voice mode for hams   10 years 8 weeks ago

:idea: Hello om,

American astronauts use NA1SS.
    The Russians use RS0ISS.

Turn your speakers on and go to my
    website and you can hear it (hi!).

P.s. I have heard Sergei was in the
    past a verry active ham so keep your
    tranceiver tunned on the ISS frequency!
    ------------------------------------------------
    ISS [u:63702f4d9d]VOICE frequencies[/u:63702f4d9d] ITU region:

REGION 1
    Your RX downlink 145.800 Mhz FM worldwide
    Your TX uplink 145.200 Mhz FM region 1

REGION 2
    Your RX downlink 145.800 Mhz FM worldwide
    Your TX uplink 144.490 Mhz FM region 2 & 3

Region 1 = Europe * Middle East * Africa * North-Asia
    Region 2 = North and South America * Caribbean * Greenland
    Region 3 = South Asia * Australia * New Zealand * Oceania

The best way is to program the SPLIT freq. in your
    memorie channel, or region 1 stations with -
    europe (E) transceivers can use their -600khz -
    repeater shift button/switch!
    And do not forget to have a audio recorder standby!
    I use MP3soundrecorder software (96bit 22khz mono).
    With a sensetive (arround) microphone pointed to
    your external speaker (better quality) you can
    record both (you and ISS crew!).
    Also read ISS voice tips!

Good luck!

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Link budget information   10 years 8 weeks ago
    Kenneth, I still don't find the information in AMSAT about how the antenna picture is ? [b:92ea41bd45]Is the antenna would be like this ?[/b:92ea41bd45] [img:92ea41bd45]http://kaskusupload.com/userfiles/jn_starry/WHIP%20ANTENNA.jpg[/img:92ea41bd45] [b:92ea41bd45]And which position would be for the antenna when mounted near the nadir ? [color=red:92ea41bd45] (A), (B), or (C) [/color:92ea41bd45] ? [/b:92ea41bd45] [img:92ea41bd45]http://www.kaskusupload.com/userfiles/jn_starry/COMPARE.jpg[/img:92ea41bd45] TonyW. YB0EX