• APRS QSO with tm-d700a ?   10 years 23 weeks ago

You can enter CQ in the same field as you would the callsign that you want to send a message to. You can also change your beacon text to indicate CQ CQ de ... just be ready to punch in replies on the mic if you don't have a computer hooked up to the rig.

• SSTV on ISS   10 years 23 weeks ago

The electronics and cables to support SSTV on the Kenwood radio have been delivered to ISS but a dedicated computer to run the software has not. That computer is currently planned to be on the next Progress (#21) but it could be further delayed if higher priority items are needed.

SSTV will initially run on the standard downlink frequency of 145.80 MHz.

• SSTV on ISS   10 years 23 weeks ago

Hi raybiez, going by this article http://members.aol.com/k1ela/page8.html it looks like some time this year but that is unconfirmed.

• APRS netwrok   10 years 23 weeks ago
    [quote:c67fc4eb9f="g7thl"]Can anyone tell me which server I should upload any received packets to, or do I just send it to the same gateway as everything else? [/quote:c67fc4eb9f] For ISS and PCSAT2 1200 baud packets, you simple connect to any APRS server. However, if you are speaking about PCSAT2 9600 baud telemetry packets, then there is a special server for that. Hope this helps. :) 73, Sion Chow Q. C., 9W2QC.
  • NASA Announces Next ISS Crew #13   10 years 23 weeks ago

I doubt that we will see anyone as active as Bill for quite some time. The last person this active was Valery Korzun and that was Exp 5. Kenneth - N5VHO

• Contact with North African Station   10 years 23 weeks ago

From : Toufik, F0DEI
    To : N5VHO

Rectification,
    ISS information send to 7X2RF comes from F5MSR (ex 7X0MT)
    and not from me.

• French station comments   10 years 24 weeks ago

According to Bill's log, the following French stations have worked the ISS.
    F6CDZ, F5VKV and F1GTU.

Might ask them how they did it.

• Contact with North African Station   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hello Kenneth - N5VHO

Thanks for reply about this contact, I am very happy to see my mail
    to Amateur Radio Station In Algeria help Bill to contact 7X hams.

7X2RF op. BACHIR have Big luke to contact ISS. I call Bill a lots of time without sucess.

Best Regards
    Toufik, F0DEI

• Contact with North African Station   10 years 24 weeks ago

Bill worked 7X2RF in Algeria.
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• NASA Announces Next ISS Crew #13   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hi to All,

Thanks for the news, and hope this crew will active on ham radio like Bill Mc Arthur.
    73's de Willy F0ESV

• New one! NA1SS works Malaysia   10 years 24 weeks ago

Congratulations to 9W2QC Sion for the contact with Bill and in special to Cor for you good job helping all others to get contact with ISS.
    Good job Cor!
    73 - God bless you.

• Who is the lady ending "XKT"?   10 years 24 weeks ago

Congratulations for your wife!!!

• Who is the lady ending "XKT"?   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hi All

Yes it is Sue 2E0XJT. Sue is my wife and has been interested in Radio for most of our married life. Sue obtained her foundation callsign M3XJT in 2003 and then her Intermediate in 2004. Sue hopes to obtain her Full Licence before too long.

Thank you to Cor and David for their recordings of Sue's contact.

Dave G4YPV

• Received Packet Frames on 7/01/2006 UTC1610   10 years 24 weeks ago

:oops: Error on the subject teatle the time of the pass is 15H10UTC
    Jean-Pierre F5PMR

• ISS achievement award   10 years 24 weeks ago

:D
    Thanks for the web site and the time dedicated to keep it running.

Best Regards

Steve
    KE4NAK

• ISS achievement award   10 years 24 weeks ago

Steve,

sorry I did not notice that the module was deactivated. Its now back online.
    I have read that Claudio will send your award soon.

73's

• French station comments   10 years 24 weeks ago

This French Station comment is completely ridiculous,
    please dear OM F??? sign your post.

I'm agree with N5VHO : Patience and perseverance and courtesy so perhaps you will be lucky.

73 de Willy and thanks Cor for your reply mail

• French station comments   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hello F?,

In the past I also saw the comment from the
    frustrated F? ham.
    Do not forget the ISS can monitor direct
    4000km earia on earth.
    Many stations all over the world knows
    that Bill is very active on hamradio, so
    much activity from other europe countries!!!
    So Mr. F? stop to put your time
    in your frustrated comments and spend
    your time usefull in fixing your station!

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• French station comments   10 years 24 weeks ago

The French Station who posts this ridiculous stuff about Bill McArthur avoiding to answer French calls is just a waste of our time.
    Who listens to NA1SS knows that many French stations have passed during these days.
    The European QSL manager for the ISS is French.

To the anonymous French OM: when you call ISS on voice you are not supposed to pass just because you use 100 watt.
    I know, ham-radio is just like Tennis: when you fail you loose control of your mind and you tend to do (or say) silly things. I once broke my raquet in two pieces.
    My suggestion for you is to try the southern passes. Southern Europe is much quiter than Northern.
    I use 50 watt and I am able to pass only between 65 and 170 azimuth degrees.
    Salut!

• Packet and Voice 4.25 EST Pass   10 years 24 weeks ago

Email Dropped ;) . If some are of a general nature, feel free to ask them here. Maybe some one else needs the same answers.

• Min. equipment to work over ISS   10 years 24 weeks ago

WELL MY STATION I USE FT 100D AND TM V7 TO RECEIVED ISS SIGNAL´S. MY ANTENNA IS A ONLY COMET GP 9. PACKET AND APRS MODE GP9 WORKING VERY GOOD. I RECEIVED GOOD SIGNAL´S WITH 1 ELEVATION DEGREE. BUT THIS ANTENNA SYSTEM DON´T WORKING GOOD IN A REPEATER MODE. OTHER SATELITES IS SILENCE FOR ME, DONT HEARD.

THE CORRECT ANTENNA SYSTEM FOR SATELITE COMMUNICATIONS IS CROSS ANTENNA WITH 4 OR 5 ELEMENTS. THE HELICOIDAL ANTENNA WORKING GOOD TOO.

REMEMBER, YOU NEED A VERTICAL AND A HORIZONTAL POLARIZATION TO RECEIVED GOOD SIGNAL´S, AND ELIMINATE FADING IN YOUR SIGNAL RECEIVE.

MAURICIO BERALDO PY4MAB
    BRAZIL
    :arrow: py4mab@amsat.org

• Min. equipment to work over ISS   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hi!

I´ll try it portable this weekend. At my portable place I have enough time and enough place to try every antenna.

73´s
    Patrick / DO2NPG

• Beaconing   10 years 24 weeks ago

Success!! :D I just don't get the red light when I beacon, but I see the tx bar on the screen as indication.
    Thanks a bunch Kenneth!

• Min. equipment to work over ISS   10 years 24 weeks ago

Hi!

Minimum equipment... I talked to Bill McArthur last month with an IC-T7H (6W) and a large 2m/70cm telescoping whip while standing outside my office. Timing is everything, if there are stations with stronger signals the low-power signals won't make it, but using a smaller setup *can* work.

For the cross-band repeater last week, I used an IC-W32A HT with an Arrow handheld 2m/70cm Yagi. Harder to work, with the Doppler shift on the transmit signal, but I was able to get 4 QSOs in 3 nights through there and hear myself in the process. My wife has the satellite station at her classroom, so I do this with the portable/QRP gear.

Good luck and 73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA

• Min. equipment to work over ISS   10 years 24 weeks ago

PD0RKC told me that i can make QSO with Slim Jim antenna and Alinco DJ-G1 (5watta).Good news for me ;)
    I will try on next voice mode pass ;)