• SuitSat 2 Line Elements needed...   10 years 50 weeks ago
    some keps here [url]http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/sarex/48hour/msg07531.html[/url]
  • Suitsat: no copy   10 years 50 weeks ago

:cry:
    in the never orbit copy suitSat over my city Cordoba Argentina
    LU2HAM Mario QRV sat gate APRS in cordoba Arg. via ISS

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

Hi

nothing heard DM76BE but Suitsat.org (http://suitsat.org/) is still getting reports so ITS NOT DEAD YET keep monitoring.

73de KD5PEX/G6GIF

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

Several stations continue to report very faint signals. SSTV tones seem to be the easiest to identify but some voice recordings have been made. The tumbling of the suit seems to be contributing to the signals being up and down and the 30 second gaps between transmissions add to the difficulty in hearing.

Certainly not the expectation we were hoping for but still a challenge for some.

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago
    I found this news about Suitsat.. [b:f050976210]SUITSAT IS SILENT:[/b:f050976210] Space is cold--apparently too cold for SuitSat's batteries. The Earth-orbiting spacesuit stopped transmitting shortly after it was thrown overboard from the International Space Station on Feb. 3rd. Probable cause: lack of power. This doesn't mean that SuitSat was a failure. The experimental satellite was "launched" to answer questions such as "Can a spacesuit-satellite function without internal temperature controls?" The answer, apparently, is no. Next-generation SuitSats will take this into account. SuitSat will continue to orbit Earth for weeks, spiraling slowly into the atmosphere. Stay tuned for information about seeing SuitSat in the night sky. [url]www.spaceweather.com[/url]
  • SuitSat 2 Line Elements needed...   10 years 50 weeks ago

...letting me no chances of hearing it since we had pass 4 hours after launching. :evil:

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

Damn! I have listened while several passes (from 04:00-08:00 GMT)but i didn't hear nothing. And then back home SuitSat starts work again. And I don't UKW station at home. Since it's in our club (5km away) and I don't have ANY transportation.

73 es GL hearing it
    Gapi-S57GD

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

It sounds to me like it may be operating at a very degraded function. I didn't quite make it up in time to try to catch that pass, but I did listen on the next one and heard nothing. At 1349 utc (749 local) I did hear a series of 4 or 5 faint beeps which would have coincided with its pass at that time. Somebody up in Canada (I believe) also heard a beep followed by a weak carrier.
    Here's to hopin it's still hangin' in there. I would love to get a card for this one 8)
    suitsat.org is tracking reports of received signals.

• Yahoo!China reportedly using NSA to track your internet   10 years 50 weeks ago

ScannerFreak,

You post is off-topic.
    Its interesting spy stuff that I read with pleasure, I doubt I will send you 25$ to read the rest. Anyway I wont just erase this post because I want to use it as a warning: if you keep posting like that not only I will erase all you new and old posts, but will freeze you account as well (it would be the first time in 6 years).
    Users of this board really don't care who tracks who else. This is not the place to talk about your stories. As you see the only thing we like to track is the ISS.

Be adviced

Alain

• Desktop ISS Activity monitoring   10 years 50 weeks ago

Sorry for the delay but I am working HARD on this site. There is going to be a major change soon.

I have had this desktop monitoring idea about three years ago. Problem is that this server might not be strong enought to handle all the requests that would come from the clients.
    A RSS feed is probably the best solution and the fastest to implement (it would take me only a few hours).

I dont know I might do it in the future, but for now I am already working on this change.

Regards

Alain

• SuitSat 2 Line Elements needed...   10 years 50 weeks ago

Suitsat died olny after 3hrs.

• Desktop ISS Activity monitoring   10 years 50 weeks ago
    rss

They could use an RSS newsfeed aggregator. It can generate "headlines" and post them to be picked up by an RSS aggregator that would be running in the background on your computer.

• SuitSat 2 Line Elements needed...   10 years 50 weeks ago

From what I could gather, it will somewhat follow the same path as the ISS. I am just tracking the ISS and using a larger time window.

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

Hi all,

I just joined the ISS fan club, but am a long time Packet / Satellite op .

I listened for SuitSat during the approx 0856 - 0905 UTC pass locally (2:56am - 3:05am CST) and did not hear it as ISS passed over. However, about 0912 UTC I heard an sstv signal (didn't decode but tried to record it).
    Is the suit lagging behind ISS significantly ? I assumed it would be near ISS. Now about 0938 UTC (3:38 CST local)I hear an sstv signal again so what I am hearing may be terrestrial in origin.

If it is certain to be non functional I won't be staying up so late to listen for it.

Keith
    AK4KO

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

heard nothing over the NA PASS ...-.-

Shawn, KA3DQD

• Suitsat or not Suitsat?   10 years 50 weeks ago

Hi Jean,
    Disappointing but I hear that SuitSat failed after a couple of orbits.
    Watched NASA tv last night and saw the deployment and all went according to plan although initially it was not clear whether all three led's had been lit up after throwing the three system switches.
    All seemed ok when the cosmonaut lifted his outer protective visor to get a clearer view.
    Checked out passes at this location at 06:00 and 07:36 and guessed something was wrong.
    Hopefully there will be another attempt in the future with lessons learnt from this one.
    Have fun,
    Eddie
    G4CUJ

• SuitSat 2 Line Elements needed...   10 years 50 weeks ago

Track ISS, Suitsat is ahead of ISS. so listen for it a few minutes before ISS.
    The battery will not last long.

Good Luck ...-.-

73 Shawn,KA3DQD

• Desktop ISS Activity monitoring   10 years 50 weeks ago

Hmm. News reports much trash in outer space. Satellite comes back all full of dust. How will we ever clean it up?
    Ah! I think I have solved the illegal immigration problem!

• Suitsat: no copy   10 years 50 weeks ago

NASA TV commentator said Suitsat ceased operation after 2 orbits. I think too cold for the batteries
    :( Sorry

Claudio IK1SLD

• SuitSat Bite the Dust?   10 years 50 weeks ago

I got a minute of voice transmission, but it was not good: It was tiny, as if very far away, but I heard, "Help me! Help me! I was using the toilet and got sucked out into space when I flushed!"
    Do you think this is a cover-up?

• Suitsat: no copy   10 years 50 weeks ago

A couple of times I have heard a faint Dit-dot-dot sort of beeping, otherwise full time static which cannot be squelched. Just a handheld scanner but I am at 7500 feet, if that makes a difference. :twisted:

• Suitsat: no copy   10 years 50 weeks ago

Hi Alain, I monitored latest pass (02:53-03:03 UTC) but nothing.
    Probably Suitsat had a problem. What do you think ?
    Activation was scheduled 15 minutes after the deploy in automatic mode. No other activation system.

Claudio IK1SLD
    IFC Staff

• SuitSat Successfully Deployed   10 years 50 weeks ago

1 88888U 06034.91770833 .00000000 00000-0 37005-5 0 04
    2 88888 51.6439 152.8427 0009114 231.0070 101.1079 15.74461081 03

• SuitSat Successfully Deployed   10 years 50 weeks ago
    [quote:ead2d8d769="KB9STR"]SuitSat was successfully deployed 2-3-06 23:02UTC according to NasaTV[/quote:ead2d8d769] I'm listening to some faint beeps of the suitsat on my scanner. (Netherlands)
  • SuitSat Successfully Deployed   10 years 50 weeks ago

Suitsat will only be at the max a few minutes prior to the passing of the ISS. It will be many miles ahead of the ISS but at the speeds that they are traveling at, it's only a matter of minutes at the most. I hope someone post's hearing it sometime soon.