• suit sat   10 years 27 weeks ago

SuitSat will be downlink only.

Here is a page with all of the information you will need to receive it, including ways to track it:

73, Zach, KE7EYQ

• Space Tourism and related Questionnaire   10 years 27 weeks ago

you can add my email address.
    9K2MD de Maryam

• Has bill worked SD yet? / Was my contact successful?   10 years 27 weeks ago

Shhhh! don't want the whole world knowing we're clutzes up here! :P

Thanks for the reply (and chuckle).

• Has bill worked SD yet? / Was my contact successful?   10 years 27 weeks ago

Must be a South Dakota thing there, your message sounds EXACTLEY like my contact with Bill late last year.... he suprised me early one morning, the only thing I can add to your debacle was spilling hot coffee all over myself LOL... same scenario as yours other than that right down to the LOS & asleep at the switch... etc etc etc. I actually thought I had recorded my QSO, but due to further technical (operator) difficulties I tubed that too!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep trying..... got a spill free coffee cup for Christmas!!

KC0RWZ
    Brian
    Sioux Falls SD

• ARISS Event - Georgia Tech, Thur (Jan 19) at 15:05 UTC   10 years 27 weeks ago

I've heard that people living near the Atlanta area can also listen to a live simulcast of the event on Georgia Tech's FM broadcast station, WREK on 91.1 FM. That way you can hear both the uplink and the downlink.

• ISS QSL CARD   10 years 27 weeks ago
    For your information, I sent my QSL to the european manager and after 1 week I have received a NEW DESIGN QSL. I already have a QSL for a packet contact 3 years ago, but now they a have a new QSL. Find enclosed the picture of the new QSL they will use to confirm NA1SS/RS0ISS: [URL=http://imageshack.us][img:a21ebaab35]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9691/newissqsl7kx.jpg[/img:a21ebaab35][/URL] Back side has not changed. Best 73 de David EB4DEH
  • French station comments   10 years 27 weeks ago

I worked Bill the 31/12/05 at my first attempt.
    Central European Pass when ISS was over Germany.
    I used 100W into a 12el yagi H polarized without elevation.
    Bill said: "F5VKV very strong signal on ISS"

Fabio
    F5VKV

• Contacts with Greece   10 years 27 weeks ago

Hello Yiannis,

Yes I heard that Bill made QSO's with several
    hams in Greece (I do not know how much).
    For Greece you can operate the crew:
    RXdownlink: 145.800Mhz (FM).
    TXuplink: 145.200Mhz (FM).
    For other readers in other
    regions: check my website to know
    the shift in your region.

To operate ISS APRS/Packet:
    RXdownlink: 145.800Mhz (FM).
    TXuplink: 145.990Mhz (FM).
    World wide freq!

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• Worked All Continents: Bill did it again!   10 years 28 weeks ago

Bill had just over 100 contacts on 437.55 this past weekend and was able to work every continent on UHF with the exception of Antarctica. Bill had previously worked Palmer via UHF on Christmas day.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• [1/2 OT] packet software   10 years 28 weeks ago

UISS in my opinion is the best software for ISS and PCSAt satellites. It was designed for them and is also a freeware.Easy to use packet program to receive,transmit UI-frames and digipeating via ISS,PCSat...also you can use it for monitoring APRS. It doesn~t require a TNC ..using the simple interface or baycom modem you can do it, just need to use th AGW packet engine by SV2AGW.
    To get UISS .... Go to http://users/belgacom.net/hamradio

73 from Rick PY2EL

• Who is the lady ending "XKT"?   10 years 28 weeks ago

Tnx Dave for your wishes.
    Today TRAC president TA1E Aziz also made a mobil qso with NA1SS..
    5/8 UHF antenna and 35 watt.
    tnx to Bill.
    73-TA1YB Gulay Basak (TRAC member)

• Who is the lady ending "XKT"?   10 years 28 weeks ago

Well done Gulay, it looks like the ladies are taking over hi. Best 73 Dave G4YPV

• [1/2 OT] packet software   10 years 28 weeks ago

Hello Marko,

UISS is nice aprs/packet software which is specialy
    designed for ISS operation,
    but you can also use for local packet activity.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• voice schedule   10 years 28 weeks ago

Hello Marco,

Here you can see crew work scedule (in UTC).

But for the weekends crew move their dutie -
    times often, so you never know when they diside
    to operate on hamradio.
    It's more a suprice when you do not know when!
    Patience is the key to success!

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• Has bill worked SD yet? / Was my contact successful?   10 years 28 weeks ago

Hello KB0LCR,

Trie to remember which stations Bill worked
    in that pass.
    If you know their callsigns you can trie to
    find their e-mail addresses in QRZ.com.
    Ask them if they recorded it.

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl
    DXCC campaign: Aks your friends in rare
    DXCC countries to trie NA1SS!

• Has bill worked SD yet? / Was my contact successful?   10 years 28 weeks ago

Thanks Ken... not the answer I was hoping for but oh well. That'll teach me to drag my feet.

• Has bill worked SD yet? / Was my contact successful?   10 years 28 weeks ago

First Answer. Yes, Bill has worked South Dakota (but another one never hurts). All he lacks is Alaska and favorable pass times are getting closer.

Second Answer: Sorry, I really can't answer the second one. Maybe someone else heard.

• Who is the lady ending "XKT"?   10 years 28 weeks ago

I agree with Maryam this hobby is not only for mans,,
    On 8 of jan.2006 ,I made a VHF qso with NA1SS Bill Mac arthur,,
    it was excellent signal on the s meter 59,,
    and big succes for me ,between of so mni EU station..
    Bill is favor astronout for hams ,,He care the hams.
    73-TA1YB Gulay Basak (XYL)

• APRS QSO with tm-d700a ?   10 years 28 weeks ago

You can enter CQ in the same field as you would the callsign that you want to send a message to. You can also change your beacon text to indicate CQ CQ de ... just be ready to punch in replies on the mic if you don't have a computer hooked up to the rig.

• SSTV on ISS   10 years 28 weeks ago

The electronics and cables to support SSTV on the Kenwood radio have been delivered to ISS but a dedicated computer to run the software has not. That computer is currently planned to be on the next Progress (#21) but it could be further delayed if higher priority items are needed.

SSTV will initially run on the standard downlink frequency of 145.80 MHz.

• SSTV on ISS   10 years 28 weeks ago

Hi raybiez, going by this article http://members.aol.com/k1ela/page8.html it looks like some time this year but that is unconfirmed.

• APRS netwrok   10 years 28 weeks ago
    [quote:c67fc4eb9f="g7thl"]Can anyone tell me which server I should upload any received packets to, or do I just send it to the same gateway as everything else? [/quote:c67fc4eb9f] For ISS and PCSAT2 1200 baud packets, you simple connect to any APRS server. However, if you are speaking about PCSAT2 9600 baud telemetry packets, then there is a special server for that. Hope this helps. :) 73, Sion Chow Q. C., 9W2QC.
  • NASA Announces Next ISS Crew #13   10 years 28 weeks ago

I doubt that we will see anyone as active as Bill for quite some time. The last person this active was Valery Korzun and that was Exp 5. Kenneth - N5VHO

• Contact with North African Station   10 years 28 weeks ago

From : Toufik, F0DEI
    To : N5VHO

Rectification,
    ISS information send to 7X2RF comes from F5MSR (ex 7X0MT)
    and not from me.

• French station comments   10 years 28 weeks ago

According to Bill's log, the following French stations have worked the ISS.
    F6CDZ, F5VKV and F1GTU.

Might ask them how they did it.