Archive - Nov 11, 2009 - Story
Many of the ARISSat team met in Phoenix over a weekend in late October to work on software integration, to assemble the spaceframe and to make final measurements for the new cables.
The team put in long hours at the Microchip facility where a number of new milestones were met.
• The satellite was commanded via a radio.
• New PSU (power supply unit) board was tested in the system.
• New ICU (Interconnect board) was tested in the system.
• New MPPT (Max Power Point Tracker) boards were tested with solar panels.
• New solar panel test structure was built and used to test the power system.