Archive - Mar 2006 - Forum topic

March 6th

Anyone that did record ISS yesterday?

Hi all,

I was so fortunate to work NA1SS yesterday (Sunday, 5th March 2006) at 16:20 UTC and again 19:30 UTC.
Did anyone record the voice of NA1SS at these times?

Greetings

Soren OZ9S

oz9s – Mon, 2006 – 03 – 06 13:29

March 5th

Alain in A6

Hello all!

I am actually located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for work.
Unfortunately it looks like that ham operations are not allowed from here... so there will be no extra DXCC entity for Bill. If only I knew earlier I had to come here, I would have asked authorities to issue a special callsign for the ISS activation! What a pity!

Its nice to see this site from this part of the world! hi

Ciao

Alain

iz6byy – Sun, 2006 – 03 – 05 08:56

March 4th

Radio shack pro-66

Hi i have a Radio shack pro-66 scanner that has 144-148 MHz (2-Meter Ham Band) but has no FM markings on it just UHF VHF can i still use this scanner to listen to the ISS.If not could i listen in to other satellites passing over.thanks chris.

boba – Sat, 2006 – 03 – 04 13:09

March 3rd

"Not Active" reports removed?

I've noticed recently that my "Not Active" reports for the ISS only stay visible for a short while, then they mysteriously disappear. What's up? At first I thought maybe they were deleted whenever a newer "Active" report is posted, but now I'm no longer sure...

KI4MRU – Fri, 2006 – 03 – 03 19:55

ISS Tracking

When using a Tracking Software to view an object such as the ISS, would I be correct in saying that if the object is in the Northern Hemisphere then the Lattitude data would have a + sign?

Also, If the object is in the Northern Hemisphere would the Declination data still have a + sign?

I am using Orbitron at the moment and when tracking the ISS the data for Lattitude shows a + when in the Northern Hemisphere but the Declination data shows a - sign.

I thought that anything above 0 degrees (ie, Northern Hemisphere) showed a + and anything below 0 degrees (ie, Southern Hemisphere) showed a - sign irrespective of whether it was Lattitude or Declination.

Amm1UK – Fri, 2006 – 03 – 03 17:03

March 2nd

what power is voice transmitted at???

Hi,
Iv been using satscape to track the ISS and have seen it pass over about many times now.
Iv been listening when its over head on 145.800mhz, but iv still not heard NA1SS.
I have a home made half wave vertical antenna in the attic and a hand held scanner. Iv also been tracking the NOAA satelites, and get really strong signals from them when they make a pass. I know that the NOAA satelites transmit APT at 5 watts, as I read it in a website somewhere, and as I said, im receiving very strong signals from them. Does anyone one know what power the transmissions from the ISS are sent at???????????????

6equj5 – Thu, 2006 – 03 – 02 17:43

March 1st

ARISS Contacts - Cincinnati Country Day School, Cincinnati, OH, USA

ARISS Contacts - Cincinnati Country Day School, Cincinnati, OH, USA

audio file

John

Anonymous – Wed, 2006 – 03 – 01 16:00
x

Date UTC Az El Lat Lon Orbit Vis
Print
x

Select your